Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Week in CEL comes on...

I feel your pain, after I do suction jet pump this week, I think I'll be like $8K into mine over the last year (no trans). The first $3K or so was complete preventative/proactive on my part and then the actual issues started (strut, suction jet pump, etc.) and rounded out the rest of the spending.

I have a 100 bucks into my daily the last 14 months for repairs.

1800 in mods and maint

Fixing parts that are 10 years old adds up sometimes, but once you get it all sorted you're good for many more! Unless you have to replace EGT's the next year, or a transmission or....

After about a year of sorting through leaks, bad hoses, bad sensors, power steering rack, trans/tc, suspension; the car has been fairly stable. Most of those parts were 10 years old, some worse than others to fix.

Part restoration, part upkeep, all fun when running well!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Didn't feel like starting a new thread for one question and I can't seem to find the answer to it anywhere. Does anyone know what the rear seat belt anchor bolt size is? I think it's a M12. The son of gun that tried to ruin this car before I bought it, I guess when they had the leather re stained or painted they decided that he didn't need the rear seat belts bolted back in. I rarely have people in the backseat but it would be nice to have them bolted in. Slowly making progress on the car. It is about to go in for the a complete timing belt kit and valve cover gaskets along with a new radiator. I get a low coolant flash and beep but the car is not running hot at all. I don't want to push my luck anymore then I have though. Keep a gallon of distiller water in the trunk but it burns through it quick.
    Last edited by TexasRS6; June 18th, 2014 at 05:20.

Is this your car on craigslist for sale? http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4560381880.html
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

Ok, so y'all on Texas forum or what...

And why not just find a good mechanic and get your car fixed, you'll be much happier!

Edit; I see you've got that lined up, hope the repairs go well and you have a fully performing car soon...
    Last edited by lswing; July 13th, 2014 at 17:29.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by kvicen View Post
    Is this your car on craigslist for sale? http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4560381880.html
    What the hell, seats and headliner redone? Flood?

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Ok, so y'all on Texas forum or what...

And why not just find a good mechanic and get your car fixed, you'll be much happier!

Edit; I see you've got that lined up, hope the repairs go well and you have a fully performing car soon...
    I'm not on a Texas forum. I am signed up with Lone Star Audi Club. I have been to a few of their meet and greets and track days. I wonder if he fixed his transmission because he didn't mention anything about it in his craigslist ad.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    What the hell, seats and headliner redone? Flood?
    Yep that is my car. Whoever ownned it before me replaced the headliner with a blue suede headliner and had the seats re stained. Did a pretty good job. Just decided I want to get something newer. Love the car but not really in a season to have a toy this expensive. I havent touched the transmission but it has been very trouble free. No check engine no rough shifts. Posted it on craigslist just to get some feelers out there. Been working on it for sometime now. Hard to sell it but I have a business opportunity I would like to pursue. I took the ad down just because it looks sketchy with my only photo being an edited one and not a lot of information. Ill wait till I can get it detailed then post it with all of the information.