Thread: Passenger side valve cover gasket access... Fail.

Passenger side valve cover gasket access... Fail.

Replacing the leaking driver's side valve cover gasket went so well yesterday, I felt confident and attempted the passenger side... After removing all of the peripheral crap, I couldn't break-free the front coolant pipe mount bolt---felt like it was gonna strip. AND, have NO idea how to get a tool on the rearward coolant mount bolt... Any insight? Luckily, the PS valve cover is just very barely weeping.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

My indy tech heated up a tool and put some bends into it to reach the bolt. If I recall correctly, he made a paper template and then bent the tool to match. I don't have a pic.
    210K miles rolled

Wish I could help Greg. Remind me that I should check mine to make sure it's still dry. Good luck.

Nice addition to your sig Randy!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Nice addition to your sig Randy!
    Good eye Kyle! I'm still developing the technique...;0
    210K miles rolled