Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stasis suspension

Stasis suspension

So after spending the weekend with Thing 3, there is a clunk from the front suspension somewhere. Right front has no dampening and the ride sucks. I'm told the steering rack bolts are tight (my first thought). Any ideas? It is suppose to have a Stasis suspension.....

Thanks all!

Someone on hear was saying the Stasis suspension needed to be rebuilt every 3 or 4 years? Can that be true. I always thought Ohlins was one of the top line suspension brands. Obviously you've checked the bushings too? I'm more of a fan of the Mahle HD pieces than any of the other brands, the bushings look a little heaftier and they seem to last longer. I used to race Bikes (Motorcycles), and Ohlins were one of the preferred brands for their damping but also one of the most short lived and expensive to rebuild but they do have a USA branch that can do it.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I had clunking with my STaSIS suspension that they could never solve, S4 guys had similar problems. My solution was to throw the STaSIS shit in the dumpster (literally, because I refused to sell them and saddle some other hapless owner with that POS setup) and install KW's
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

The Stasis suspension with the reserve reservoirs is suppose to be rebuilt every year.
    I drove Ricarrdo's 6 Speed RS6 in San Diego at the stadium and he commented that the rear coilovers make a clunking noise, I didn't hear it (perhaps because I was too focused on the 6 puck clutch).

You would figure that a $4k top of line coilover suspension system would have all the kinks worked out => not the case.

My solution was to throw the STaSIS shit in the dumpster (literally, because I refused to sell them and saddle some other hapless owner with that POS setup) and install KW's
    I like this solution.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    The Stasis suspension with the reserve reservoirs is suppose to be rebuilt every year.
    I drove Ricarrdo's 6 Speed RS6 in San Diego at the stadium and he commented that the rear coilovers make a clunking noise, I didn't hear it (perhaps because I was too focused on the 6 puck clutch).

You would figure that a $4k top of line coilover suspension system would have all the kinks worked out => not the case.

I like this solution.
    I had them (emphasis on HAD) - rears clunked, were replaced by Stasis - still clunked. I had the fronts re-built once over the course of 4 yrs, replaced them last year with H&R's. They (all four) are sitting in my garage. I haven't marketed them but if someone DOES want to buy them, send me a pm - disclaimer : they need to be re-charged. (I last paid $100 each, done by Stasis in West Virginia, of all places)
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

It's not something simple like control arms right?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I'm not sure yet. Car is still in MSP waiting to be shipped. Right front seems quite bouncy so I'm sure that damper is shot. At least it doesn't need a transmission

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    At least it doesn't need a transmission
    You say that today.....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I was sure my left front damper was shot. Ended up being the lower inner bushing on the curved control arm.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Just got Thing 3 into the mountains today. Trying to figure out the Stasis and can't seem to get hold of them in any way. Put the car on the ramp and pulled the left rear wheel. Spring rattles around in the holders.....wth?? I'm assuming this is not correct?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140421_114139.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	15180

Stasis and can't seem to get hold of them in any way.
    STaSIS is now defunk, guess that comes from building crap and not standing behind your product.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Time for some stock springs and Koni Yellows...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Time for some stock springs and Koni Yellows...

Hmm....got some stock A6 C5 4.2 springs in the garage....not quite ready to give up yet though.

Hmm....got some stock A6 C5 4.2 springs in the garage....not quite ready to give up yet though.
    Hmmm, are those as strong as the rs6 springs? Maybe find the Stasis parts you need used, could last a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    STaSIS is now defunk, guess that comes from building crap and not standing behind your product.
    Are you sure? I just dialed their (toll free) number, it's after-hours, got a Stasis recording. Website is up and running too
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    Are you sure? I just dialed their (toll free) number, it's after-hours, got a Stasis recording. Website is up and running too
    Here is some light reading on the subject...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Stasis-no-more
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    I got a recording too....twice.....I'm guessing tomorrow I will be learning how to rebuild a front dampener.....I'm guessing the failure parts are all rubber....

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Hmmm, are those as strong as the rs6 springs? Maybe find the Stasis parts you need used, could last a few more years.
    Put an H & R spring set on my son's A6 4.2. Could always use those. I'm guessing rebuilding shocks isn't that hard. Find out tomorrow )