Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about RS6 c5 exhaust....

Question about RS6 c5 exhaust....

Hey guys,

Its taking so much time for the guys to send me the exhaust for my RS6 so i was thinking that just to try it i want to cut down the mufflers until the exhaust comes... Well and the question is...will i do something wrong to the car? back pressure or something?
    Sorry if my question is so stupid but dont know much about these things and prefer to ask before I do something...

Assuming you're talking about removing the mufflers only, then there is nothing that can hurt your ride other than lots of noise. Guessing you have a standard exhaust vs. the sound enhancing option since the standard is one piece while the SE is three piece. Ensure you account for proper hanger support as part of your demolition so that you don't create a situation where the pipes might drop down unexpectedly.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Assuming you're talking about removing the mufflers only, then there is nothing that can hurt your ride other than lots of noise. Guessing you have a standard exhaust vs. the sound enhancing option since the standard is one piece while the SE is three piece. Ensure you account for proper hanger support as part of your demolition so that you don't create a situation where the pipes might drop down unexpectedly.
    Thanks a lot buddy,

yes i just want to cut down the mufflers..i am guessing that there is gonna be a loots of noise so i will drive it only few times...but wanted to ask first and then do what i want to do...

^Of course it will break down unless you post a vid/sound clip of the noise for us monkeys..;0
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^Of course it will break down unless you post a vid/sound clip of the noise for us monkeys..;0
    will make some vids for you buddy so it doesnt break down hahaaha

So, let me get this straight:
    You want to CUT off the mufflers on your RS6?
    You also realize that there is a resonator under there also?!?!
    What are you expecting to happen?

Granted this is YOUR car, it almost sounds like you want to rice it out??!?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Granted this is YOUR car, it almost sounds like you want to rice it out??!?
    And he goes right for the jugular!......Rice, ouch......I can send some NOS stickers.

Didn't somebody do this a few months back and it actually sounded decent? It was an SEE with the resonators I think. Still, the SEE has an amazingly good rumble I think.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by XRS6X View Post
    will make some vids for you buddy so it doesnt break down hahaaha
    Thx- the ears look forward to it.
    210K miles rolled

About 9 months ago, I had my mufflers replaced with straight pipe, still wasn't loud enough. replaced the resonators also. love the sound. mmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    And he goes right for the jugular!......Rice, ouch......I can send some NOS stickers.

Didn't somebody do this a few months back and it actually sounded decent? It was an SEE with the resonators I think. Still, the SEE has an amazingly good rumble I think.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    About 9 months ago, I had my mufflers replaced with straight pipe, still wasn't loud enough. replaced the resonators also. love the sound. mmmmmmm.
    Can I send you the NOS stickers Glad it sounds good, I like the exhaust but wonder just how awesome the beast would sound....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

yeah i have primary cats then only 2 mufflers at the end sound is epic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new ars 6.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	15057
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Here's mine.

3" downpipes
    3" xpipe
    3" catback
    no cats
    no resonators
    no mufflers

2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

One more in neutral

Fastest RS6 in the USA

Hmmm, mixed on that, nice on a hot rod 70's ride, not so much for a luxury car...fun sound, I just got tired of noise over the years I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Here's mine.

3" downpipes
    3" xpipe
    3" catback
    no cats
    no resonators
    no mufflers

A better quality video would help, but does sound mean.

Hmmm, mixed on that, nice on a hot rod 70's ride, not so much for a luxury car...fun sound, I just got tired of noise over the years I guess.

To to each his own! It's really not the loud except when you want it to be and it surprisingly quiet inside the cabin.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Can I send you the NOS stickers Glad it sounds good, I like the exhaust but wonder just how awesome the beast would sound....
    I believe you commented favorably on the video I posted on the highway?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I believe you commented favorably on the video I posted on the highway?
    Yep, think I remember that one! Tough to capture the sound in video, comes through good sometimes.