Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Widest Rims fitted to the back of a C5 RS6?

Widest Rims fitted to the back of a C5 RS6?

Hey all,

I'm looking for as much grip as possible so looking at fitting a set of R8 rims onto the RS6, what is the widest anyone has run on the rear of the rs6? also what offset and tyres are you running?

Going to try and fit 295/30/19s on the rear with 255/35/19s up front.

Thanks

Nils,

whats ta up buddy. I've got a set of staggered adv1s on my car for non racing days. They are 19x9 front et 25 and 19x10 rear et38.

i feel like there is more room to go 19x10.5 et 19 all the way around.

Hey Tim,

So you are running 19x10 with et 38 with no spacers at all on the rear. What size tire? 275/30/19

If you get a chance, would be great to know how much clearance you have inside and fender with your setup.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by milka View Post
    Hey Tim,

So you are running 19x10 with et 38 with no spacers at all on the rear. What size tire? 275/30/19

If you get a chance, would be great to know how much clearance you have inside and fender with your setup.

Thanks!
    wow did you boys Tubb your RS , cause mine is running 19x9.5 et 30 255/35/19 rosso's and KW V3 lowered and on the track guess what they rub! (in extreme bumbs and cornering (just but enough to have rubbed thru the guard liner..and she ain't crazy low.......
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I thought you were not supposed to use a staggered setup because of AWD.
    '03 RS6: Full APR EMCS/TCU, Nurburgring Bronze 19x8.5, Freshly Rebuilt Turbos, Gutted Precats, Stern Racing Mounts, SAI Delete, Aux Radiator Delete, Venair Hoses, Koni Yellows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beardown1 View Post
    I thought you were not supposed to use a staggered setup because of AWD.
    width and rim diameter doesn't matter. Overall tire diameter matters. As a reference, the R8 has different widths front to rear and as such different profile tires are required to ensure the same diameter for the AWD system to work properly.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Gotcha......
    '03 RS6: Full APR EMCS/TCU, Nurburgring Bronze 19x8.5, Freshly Rebuilt Turbos, Gutted Precats, Stern Racing Mounts, SAI Delete, Aux Radiator Delete, Venair Hoses, Koni Yellows.....

Post pics please!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    wow did you boys Tubb your RS , cause mine is running 19x9.5 et 30 255/35/19 rosso's and KW V3 lowered and on the track guess what they rub! (in extreme bumbs and cornering (just but enough to have rubbed thru the guard liner..and she ain't crazy low.......
    Johnnie, I have read that you posted this multiple times in threads and from what I can tell you are a lot lower than I would go. I'm currently running 265/35/19 with no rubbing and there is still room (at my ride height anyway) I'm also on KW v3s. I know people out there are also running 275/30/19s on 19 x 10 and 9.5s with no rubbing, of course they are not slammed but I won't be either.

Reason I'm looking at doing a staggered set is that I'm running B7 RS4 manual gearbox with it's 4:1 torque bias ability as well as LSDs front and rear.

Looking at a set of used R8 wheels on ebay right now... $1300 no bidders yet. 19x11 et42 rears, would need to run 35mm of spacer with a 57.1-66.56mm adapter ring. Buuuuut I'd be able to throw 295/30/19's on those 11-wide rears and have meat out back to back up the ridiculous torque of the 4.2TT

Only issue is, they'll stick out from the fender about an inch and a quarter, and I'm not looking for the chulo lowered/widetrack look. I think the RS6 can handle the overall look without being ghetto, but it's kinda an iffy point for me at the moment.

Thoughts, anyone?
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

So we can run staggered setups so long as overall diameter is the same? I knew the newer Audis could but I wasn't sure how it applied to us. Difference in wheel/tire weight from front to rear isn't going to hamper the ability of the quattro system? Can't imagine why anyone would want to run wider tires in the rear in our already push-prone cars, but... it does look cool!

DO IT!!! I want to see it and will probably do the same if it looks right. I can't wait to hear more about the trans swap. Has anyone else put a RS4 manual trans into a RS6 C5?? That is intriguing. What would that cost to do?? Tell me about the suspension mods. I want to have a fat, low and wide look on my RS6. I would even mind a cambered tucked look in the back if the wheels and suspension were just right. I'm having a hard time finding photos of what I want but this one is close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57FFAB78-3768-41BE-9FEF-ADC224D285FB_zpsgcffutbe.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	14915  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    So we can run staggered setups so long as overall diameter is the same? I knew the newer Audis could but I wasn't sure how it applied to us. Difference in wheel/tire weight from front to rear isn't going to hamper the ability of the quattro system? Can't imagine why anyone would want to run wider tires in the rear in our already push-prone cars, but... it does look cool!
    Correct. Proper diameter tires (matching across the axle at a bare minimum), running staggered rim size is no problem. The difference in weight will not affect the Quattro system, as it does an uneven power split (X percentage (70% or more IIRC?) rear, Y percentage (up to 30% IIRC) to the front), and the system only cares about traction across the axle - one wheel slips, it locks that wheel and sends power to the other wheel. As for the why run wider tires - 2 things, Dry Traction and the look. There's something innately meaner looking the wider your rear tires get on RWD/AWD platform, and when you can push (70% minus driveline loss) 270hp stock to the rear wheels, more with mods, you want as much rubber on the road as possible to keep you pushing forward rather than sitting still and spinning.

Will update this and my thread with pics/experience notes when I pick up the R8 rims and tires and spacers and centering rings. Gonna be a while, turns out I owe the IRS a couple thousand dollars that I just don't have at the moment...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Looking at a set of used R8 wheels on ebay right now... $1300 no bidders yet. 19x11 et42 rears, would need to run 35mm of spacer with a 57.1-66.56mm adapter ring. Buuuuut I'd be able to throw 295/30/19's on those 11-wide rears and have meat out back to back up the ridiculous torque of the 4.2TT

Only issue is, they'll stick out from the fender about an inch and a quarter, and I'm not looking for the chulo lowered/widetrack look. I think the RS6 can handle the overall look without being ghetto, but it's kinda an iffy point for me at the moment.

Thoughts, anyone?

I Think you will find that the fronts are 8.5' et42 and the rears are 11 et50, that's for the earlier model R8 rims anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse998r View Post
    DO IT!!! I want to see it and will probably do the same if it looks right. I can't wait to hear more about the trans swap. Has anyone else put a RS4 manual trans into a RS6 C5?? That is intriguing. What would that cost to do?? Tell me about the suspension mods. I want to have a fat, low and wide look on my RS6. I would even mind a cambered tucked look in the back if the wheels and suspension were just right. I'm having a hard time finding photos of what I want but this one is close.
    B7 RS4 gearbox is great so far have run it just over a year, can get it tail happy very easily! I am running twin GTX3071 turbos with twin Tial externals, and killed an FX850 clutch without any launches, just WOT logging runs. Now putting in a Tilton Carbon/Carbon triple. the fit is more complex as there are no Genuine Audi parts for the conversion, mainly Custom Gearbox mount brackets, Modified Tailshaft length and custom front half shafts. She has 447@wkw on a DynoDynamics dyno with the rear wheels spinning on the rollers. Hence why I'm after some bigger rubber out back.

Here is a link to my build thread, it's on a different forum but if you want to see any specific pics let me know and I can repost individual ones here. http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a6-s6-r...-thread-6.html

Quote Originally Posted by milka View Post
    Johnnie, I have read that you posted this multiple times in threads and from what I can tell you are a lot lower than I would go. I'm currently running 265/35/19 with no rubbing and there is still room (at my ride height anyway) I'm also on KW v3s. I know people out there are also running 275/30/19s on 19 x 10 and 9.5s with no rubbing, of course they are not slammed but I won't be either.

i hear ya but i am not that low>/?? just saying
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car tow.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	14918  
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Question: I'm thinking about running 19x9.5 front, 19x10 rear but with the same 275/30/19 PSS tires. I realize there will be more stretch on the back and thus smaller rolling diameter. But is it within the 4% range and will it cause problems? Should I just throw 285's on the rears?
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip