Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 with APR question from south florida.

RS6 with APR question from south florida.

Anyone have any experience with APR exhaust and ECU upgrade? Both parts seem quite pricy but wondering how the exhaust sounds and also how does APR compare to other well known ECU companies.

Who is this APR you speak of??

edit: Of course we need pics/story of the ride..00

By the way- welcome aboard the..

210K miles rolled

The apr exhaust is rebadged billy boat exhaust. Are you looking for sound or performance?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    The apr exhaust is rebadged billy boat exhaust. Are you looking for sound or performance?
    I am actually looking for both. I was going a google search on Audi performance shops down in south florida and noticed most are selling APR ECU and exhaust . My old car was a c63 and never heard of APR. Was wondering if in Audi world they are a well known tuning company. On side note, anyone know good performance shop in south florida?
    Here is the APR ECU
    http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Engine/Software/
    http://www.goapr.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Who is this APR you speak of??

edit: Of course we need pics/story of the ride..00

By the way- welcome aboard the..

Thank you, Still waiting to finalize the car purchase( 2003 rs6 with 45k) and shipping details but already planning on getting 500+ hp out of the car right when i get it.

^I had APR installed 2008- Works purty good 4 me..00

I was running the 93 tune during this track weekend. I don't spend the $$ for the 100 octane gas at the track (i.e. $8+ gallon) and normally run 92 or 93 mode. Fast enuff for my limited skill set.

210K miles rolled

APR is very well known in the Audi/VW world. Research milltek down pipes or apikol downpipes. Usp can hook you up with both. Look up usp rs6 on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by t4rs6 View Post
    I am actually looking for both. I was going a google search on Audi performance shops down in south florida and noticed most are selling APR ECU and exhaust . My old car was a c63 and never heard of APR. Was wondering if in Audi world they are a well known tuning company. On side note, anyone know good performance shop in south florida?
    Here is the APR ECU
    http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Engine/Software/
    http://www.goapr.com
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Apikol makes downpipes for the RS6?
    Are these something new?
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

My bad, I meant dahlback.

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    Apikol makes downpipes for the RS6?
    Are these something new?

Wow, just called 2 local performance shop to get pricing on APR tune. Prices were between $2500 - $2900. Is that normal price and is it really worth that much? I have heard Revo was around 700 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by t4rs6 View Post
    Wow, just called 2 local performance shop to get pricing on APR tune. Prices were between $2500 - $2900. Is that normal price and is it really worth that much? I have heard Revo was around 700 dollars.
    i'll chime in (john in oz) been running Apr tune in my car since 2005 , not 1 issue with anything at all. (catless tune update)

APR tune here is over 4k , for that you get great BS that you'll never use if you like me

98 RON mode
    95 RON mode
    Valet mode
    stock mode

having said that and having spoke to Marc many times on this forum, i would send my ECU to him or Rich at Viper tuning (and for around $500 bucks) get them to do the ecu , then throw it on a dyno make sure its all safe and sounds and bang.......do burnouts at 45 mph.
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Eurocharged, viper or 10secs4. I wish his tune had been available back when I tuned. Heard nothing but good things and it's purportedly a smidge faster than APR.

Paging DHall1...

I'm probably going with Eurocharged when the time comes. Considerably less and comes with a handheld programmer that can utilize additional tunes when new parts are added. Milltek's exhaust is more affordable as well. That said I've had my RS 6 for two months so don't listen to me, listen to what the veterans say.

APR is really good. They have the best research in the audi /vw tuning world in my opinion. I had APR on my first RS6, and it was great. However, I wouldn't pay that kind of money with other great options available.

I decided to go with viper tuning for my current RS6. I am very happy with my choice. If the car already has APR that's great. But if your buying it there are great options under 1k. I wouldn't choose revo.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Yeah, yeah, yeah

I have been veddy busy. It is 75 and sunny every day. Doh

1. Buy the RossTech vag-com
    2. Data log the new beast
    3. Verify all stock functions are working in order.
    4. Tune the beast!!
    5. Put 5g in the bank for a Tozo trans
    6. Did i mention tune the beast?

Eurocharged is proven winner
    Viper is proven winner and has TCU chip
    APR is proven but pricey
    Mtm TCU chip goes well with EC

Turbowned......do it!

I have APR and love it.......granted the previous owner shelled out the $$$ for it and if it was me..... I would prolly find a cheaper alternative......but the tune and change ability (using the cruise control stalk) is nice. And it RIPS!!!
    '03 RS6: Full APR EMCS/TCU, Nurburgring Bronze 19x8.5, Freshly Rebuilt Turbos, Gutted Precats, Stern Racing Mounts, SAI Delete, Aux Radiator Delete, Venair Hoses, Koni Yellows.....

it is the best 2k you will ever spend. I have had it since 2006 and it is a huge difference. I run it on the 100 octane setting all the time with aces iv. I have the tiptronic apr chip as well.