Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please buy this......

Someone please buy this......

before my wife leaves me.......hey...wait a minute, I've got an idea....

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...hRadius=0&mmt=[AUDI[RS6[]][]]&listingId=363935918&Log=0

???? scam sale removed?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Just pulled it up on Autotrader ://

Looked sweet - until the pics of the blue alcantara roof liner ... yikes, what were they thinking?

Regardless, $12K is too low - what else is wrong with it (besides the missing carbon fibre piece in the engine)?
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Ummm...I didn't get to the headliner pics.....Yikes!!! but 12K for a real RS? we're into Honda Accord money.....

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    Looked sweet - until the pics of the blue alcantara roof liner ... yikes, what were they thinking?

Regardless, $12K is too low - what else is wrong with it (besides the missing carbon fibre piece in the engine)?
    Liner panel isn't blue. That's just the flash washing the photo. Got one that looks exactly like it here in the garage for sale. Lol. Same everything except double the mileage. 10k and it's someone's new winter beater.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

5334, hmmmm....nice deck upgrade though.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Liner panel isn't blue. That's just the flash washing the photo.
    I retract my comment... I"m wrong. It is indeed blue. Easy to replace.

Why does the engine compartment and hoses look brand spankin new?!??!?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

You know a car like that, on a lot like that, is getting a beating every day...probably by the owner and his dealer plate...
    2013 Audi S8

That car is like 15min north of me...... Maybe I should check her out?
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    That car is like 15min north of me...... Maybe I should check her out?

If someone is interested in this I can also check it out if Marklar182 can't make it. I could also hook it up to the Vagcom.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

Someone save it. The person that flops into that for 12K without knowing anything is buying a parts car. Or buying something they will not have the resources to cover the inevitable after purchase expenses.

Ditto on the dealer plates/car thrash thing. Once decided I was going to torture myself with RS6itis - the first one I drove was at a sleazy dealership like that. I knew when I saw the advert and where it was coming from, I would never buy it, but you need to drive a few before you know what a good one is. This car had been put away wet manymany times.

What a pile it was. Rebuilt title, mismatched front end panels (not easily seen), and the R/H side of the dash sounded as if maybe half the fasteners and insulation made it back after being torn apart on the rebuild.

Hauled gluteous though, and while I turned down several lesser offers to buy the car, I knew I had been bitten somewhere....
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

JUST AN FYI and i didnt even take the time to look if there was a car fax. But a while back, a while, before i bought mine, one went through auction, blue, out of manheim california and then showed up at a texas dealer ask top dollar. But it had an accident, went through manheim as an accident car, but it got 30K money or something dumb, so someone just screwed up clicking on their bids without looking. The dealer in texas was really small time if i remember. I wonder if it is that car... Or it could just be the mileage!

The 03/04 RS6 will only ever get so cheap. Even with double the mileage $12K is cheap.

This is not the same car. How do I know? Because I was the dealer that bought it. I put a proxy bid on the car. Later on that afternoon I was at another auction and was told that I had won the auction. When it went through the auction they announced that it had frame damage. It was not disclosed when I put my proxy bid in. Regardless I owned it at the end of the day. VW of North America was the seller and if they detect prior paint work they can and will call it frame just to cover their butt. Luckily after thorough inspections by my local Audi dealership it didn't have frame damage and i got a Fidelity Platinum Warranty for it. It was my personal car for a year and a half until someone made me a offer I couldn't pass up. Its still in Texas and running strong.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    The 03/04 RS6 will only ever get so cheap. Even with double the mileage $12K is cheap.
    One can only hope! I was hoping that buying one 10yrs old it had reached the low point of depreciation. Hard to say for sure, though. I notice the price of E28/E39 M5's continue to drop while cars like the E30 M3 continues to rise. There aren't too many old rare Audis to gauge depreciation off of; C4 S6 maybe?

I feel bad for anyone who buys this car thinking it'll be a $12k car when it breaks!