Thread: Audi RS6 seems civilized, until...

Audi RS6 seems civilized, until...

"Audi RS6 seems civilized, until you hit the gas"

From presstelegram.com

Linky link

"The goal is to build Audi's performance quotient," he said. "We will offer RS versions of various platforms to show a model taken to its highest peak."
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote about keeping the S line around is at odds with the prevailing rumors--which incidentally, I don't believe either.

Anyone care to interpret?

"Its only shortcomings may be that its virtual technical perfection keeps it from developing a personality that goes beyond its powerful specifications and world-class performance numbers.

From its austere black interior to its smooth-shifting five-speed automatic transmission, the RS6 remains a somewhat sterile machine that feels less exhilarating than its technical prowess and incredible speed would lead you to expect. "

My comment: B.S. - I don't know what the reviewer is talking about:trash:

Nonetheless, a great review!!!

"the RS6 remains a somewhat sterile machine"

My comment: B.S. - I don't know what the reviewer is talking about
    I guess some drivers like it rough (relative to their performance cars). LOL

A rip-snorting twin-turbo 4.2-liter 40-valve DOHC engine makes the RS6 the closest thing you can buy to one of Europe's diabolically fast racing sedans.
    Someone needs to tell the author, it is one of Europe's diabolically fast racing sedans.

Also, that's the first review I've read where the reviewer complained about the interior.

Nevertheless, a great review. He loved the car and the items highlighted were viewed by him as very minor flaws!

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

I think some people mistake the ease at which the car travels fast as a short comming. I guess they want to feel like they are on the edge all the time or something. I see its as some reviewers put it, as "confidence inspiring". The RS6 is so stable that I feel very comfortable going fast in it. I would rather feel comfortable than nervous for the sake of drive "involvement".
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Satan is car reviewing for Hell Times

This author is a total JackArse for lack of better word.

Maybe he forgot that he was driving a SEDAN even with all the power on tap. Folks that buy sedans, certainly don't expect the car to act or be like a sports car.
    Maybe if he wants to feel unconfortable going fast, he'd better take a test drive on an old Viper RT/10!!!
    I'd love to see his face plastered on a tree somewhere.

I still think that most reviewers out there are full of gas!!!

I'm my own best reviewer. It's my money, and it's my hard work. My own test drive will tell me more about the car then any reviewer could. Funny enough, I'd bet that most reviewers don't make enough money to buy a car like the RS6.
    Nothing but an opinion, that's all they have to offer. And it can't even be trusted.

Rot In Hell....I say to them all!

Nene,
    You really have to stop beating around the bush and just tell us what you think. I Completely agree with you, I never pay any mind to what the pundits say about anything, I can evaluate things for myself thank you very much.

Nene & Iconcls -
    What? You mean RS6 owners don't have herd mentalities and must follow the leader?

I concur. I am my own best pundit, because I can admit (although it is rare, of course) when a decision I make is wrong.

Oooo - we have electronically controlled suspension - again! :error:
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

You guys crack me up! :trash: Repeat after me, "It's just a review. Its just an opinion."

Overall it was a very positive and complimentary review. I appreciate any and all good press the Beast gets. And, I love reading about the car. Would you rather have a review totally trash the car? Then we would really be up in arms.

Of course we form our own opinions. We all know its a great car. After all, we put our money where our mouth is.

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

I do think good reviews help resale value though.

Resale & Review

The reviews sure do. They sway public opinion just as good as word of mouth. How many times have you heard, I just read that somewhere or my buddy has one of those. Just ask any Joe Q. Public here in the States what the best built cars & best resale cars are and you'll hear Honda/Acura or Toyota/Lexus. So let's hear it for good reviews. If they didn't complain about something they wouldn't have a job.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

beast or batmobile?

Talking of reviews, GF's Bimmer is at the shop, as it started to stall occasionally. Will be in the shop for engine work for about 4 days.
    She's driving the beast this week. It's been coined as BatMobile at her work and with her friends.

Before she used to call me about 3 times a day to just check on things.
    Now she calls me 20 times a day with news on the beast/batmobile. Woman is crazy.

We're getting our new place decorated, and the decorator is an Audi fanatic. Just like most of us. He drove the beast/batmobile, and he's still smiling.

I totally agree that good reviews are great. But really think about it for a second. Most of the reviewers only spend about 30 minutes, and a few of the lucky ones spend 8 hours with a car. There are a very limited few that might review a car for 5 days, but that is not often.
    The thing is that you learn more about whether you love/hate a car when you spend time with it. A few hours is not enough.
    Yes it's nice to get good reviews on our fine German Automobilia, but in all seriousness, for us few lucky car enthusiasts, it's just bull!!!

I bought my RS6 because you all had one

Re: Resale & Review

Originally posted by Bimmerhead
    The reviews sure do. They sway public opinion just as good as word of mouth. How many times have you heard, I just read that somewhere or my buddy has one of those.....
    ...yeah this Saturday as I parked for the football game (SC :bang: beat up on UCLA) an e55 pulled up next to me (I was in my wifes A6 :mad: )...as he got out of the car I told him we should race sometime and that I had an RS6 at home.

....he was like "oh yeah that's the hot car.....i have an M5 and this e55 is my wifes".......

...so yeah all the positive reviews help....it makes people aware.