Thread: Front lip spoiler, Is this an option?

Front lip spoiler, Is this an option?

I would love a nice carbon front lip spoiler. Is this something that was ever made or am I sol?
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

This will not fit in Carbon since you can't bend it, however some folks have had good success with the plastic one I believe. Use Google, there are some good threads on custom spoilers. http://www.spoonfedtuning.com/collec...ra-r-front-lip
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

How is the fitment?
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

It is only specific to the cupra r. But it is the right width and curve to fit our cars as well as a number of other audis. It is custom though. You will need to drill into the bottom of your bumper after you get the fit just right with the self adhesive tape. The ones I've seen look great.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I was fortunate to get in on the group buy that Stephencl put together for the carbon spoilers from Japan. Ten of them were ordered if I remember correctly. Cost on these was $1250 or thereabouts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7036.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	14671 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7031.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	14672 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7029.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	14673

Just before the group buy happened, I bought one of the Cupra spoilers and had planned to custom fit it. Still in the wrapper, taking up space in the garage. The two posts in the center are taller than the rest of the spoiler. I've seen some people shave them off completely, and some just trim them to the same height and run a longer screw through it for more strength.

$75 plus shipping if you want it.

I'm on a business trip in PNW now, and I'm supposed to be home Jan 24/25 before a trip to Germany. Let me know if you're interested, I could get it sent out while I'm home.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I was fortunate to get in on the group buy that Stephencl put together for the carbon spoilers from Japan. Ten of them were ordered if I remember correctly. Cost on these was $1250 or thereabouts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7036.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	14671 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7031.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	14672 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7029.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	14673

Just before the group buy happened, I bought one of the Cupra spoilers and had planned to custom fit it. Still in the wrapper, taking up space in the garage. The two posts in the center are taller than the rest of the spoiler. I've seen some people shave them off completely, and some just trim them to the same height and run a longer screw through it for more strength.

$75 plus shipping if you want it.

I'm on a business trip in PNW now, and I'm supposed to be home Jan 24/25 before a trip to Germany. Let me know if you're interested, I could get it sent out while I'm home.
    $1250 _NOT INCLUDING_ a nice coating of Daytona Grey. Gosh that looks nummy. I might just have to put mine on.....

Any close calls yet? It looks like most crubs will take a bite.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    $1250 _NOT INCLUDING_ a nice coating of Daytona Grey. Gosh that looks nummy. I might just have to put mine on.....

Any close calls yet? It looks like most crubs will take a bite.
    I left mine bare carbon, it's hard to tell until you get up close. I am MUCH more conscious about low-lying objects, but it doesn't hang down as much as it seems. I believe the front edge of the lip is 1-1/4" lower than the standard bumper. I do find myself not pulling so far into parking spaces, even when there is no curb.

You still haven't installed it yet? I waited 8 months to put mine on, I thought that was a long time. When you do decide to do it, definitely have a helper. I did mine alone and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Tight is a word you'll say several times, along with a few that contain the following symbols - *@#$&*!%^ - during the install. I'd also suggest some 3M or Lamin-X to protect the paint. I didn't, and it scraped a couple of places. I need a new hood and a respray anyway, so I wasn't overly concerned. I'll do it properly for the next go-around.

I left mine bare carbon, it's hard to tell until you get up close. I am MUCH more conscious about low-lying objects, but it doesn't hang down as much as it seems. I believe the front edge of the lip is 1-1/4" lower than the standard bumper. I do find myself not pulling so far into parking spaces, even when there is no curb.

You still haven't installed it yet? I waited 8 months to put mine on, I thought that was a long time. When you do decide to do it, definitely have a helper. I did mine alone and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Tight is a word you'll say several times, along with a few that contain the following symbols - *@#$&*!%^ - during the install. I'd also suggest some 3M or Lamin-X to protect the paint. I didn't, and it scraped a couple of places. I need a new hood and a respray anyway, so I wasn't overly concerned. I'll do it properly for the next go-around.
    I have had mine for what...18 months? You think you're slow. Mine has been custom painted Daytona with the center, upper surface of the LOWER lip left naked carbon. Like our friend in Australia. Looks so hot. Then I have had it fitted with the best 3M Chip guard. Not to leave anything to chance, I did, as engineers often do, modify it, by foam epoxying a custom fit 3/8" diameter aluminum rod inside the lower lip where it would fit without notice.

I hope that this does not stiffen it so much that installation is a problem. I just wanted to give this (now, nearly...) $2K piece of lipstick a chance.

That said, the reason I did not install it is because my friend with a lift could never find downtime, and then winter approached, and he suggested I did not want this to be a snow plow.

March 1 - this puppy is going on.

Edit for: It is amazing how the Daytona Grey in your pictures seems to ummmm... chameleonlike... color the carbon on your spoiler. Probably shouldn't have even painted mine and saved the $. Your car looks great - and the polished wheels look killer.
    Last edited by NSU RS6; January 10th, 2014 at 04:57.

Also got one from Stephen's group buy. I was leaving it carbon fiber until a friend's driveway caught it one day and tore it. Local shop did a great job, strip of metal now underneath and painted matching Daytona Gray.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...ht=#post251666
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

I find myself leaving drives and side streets more carefully with the lip. Not that I wasn't aware of them before, but the extra couple of seconds now is worth the peace of mind. After driving with it for 8 months, it's become second nature.

Snow is a major concern, but that's why I keep my A6 prepped for winter. I'll take the RS out on a sunny day if I don't have to worry about clearing the roads before the highway department gets out. I could be moving to the Milwaukee area before the end of 2014, I've been kicking around the idea of a second bumper to change out for winter. This car really is too much fun NOT to drive in any conditions.

I had considered color-matching, but I wanted to see it "naked" first. Without paint, it really does look fantastic on Daytona, and a lot of people don't even realize that it is carbon until they get in close. I was thinking about spraying the inside of it black to deepen it a little. I may try it on the tab area that attaches inside the wheel well to see the effect in sunlight.

I got lucky with the look of the wheels in these pics. 98% of the time they're not so nice. They have a lot of chips and the chrome is somewhat dull. I'm looking at a springtime update, my roue du jour is the Vorsteiner VFF 101. Then I'll put these chromes on the A6 and call it good enough for the work car.

I find myself leaving drives and side streets more carefully with the lip. Not that I wasn't aware of them before, but the extra couple of seconds now is worth the peace of mind. After driving with it for 8 months, it's become second nature. Snip....
    I have been "practicing" for quite some time.

I pretend my spoiler is installed.

Every curb, speed bump, driveway transition, etc., registers in my head now.

And if I eff it up I will be so pissed (as he raps the knuckles on the wood computer desk....).

Have a good weekend all!

You can email Oliver at the checkshop in Japan I bought mine from him back in 06 he's a great guy
    And the fitment is next to none all I did was clip it on and use 1 screw in each side in the wheel well, I did many high doped pulls and never had any issues also leaves a little "wiggle room for it to move and flex a bit so it doesn't crack if you scrape it.......bet his email is

Check@nifty.com
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

I have had mine for what...18 months? You think you're slow. Mine has been custom painted Daytona with the center, upper surface of the LOWER lip left naked carbon. Like our friend in Australia. Looks so hot. Then I have had it fitted with the best 3M Chip guard. Not to leave anything to chance, I did, as engineers often do, modify it, by foam epoxying a custom fit 3/8" diameter aluminum rod inside the lower lip where it would fit without notice.

I hope that this does not stiffen it so much that installation is a problem. I just wanted to give this (now, nearly...) $2K piece of lipstick a chance.

That said, the reason I did not install it is because my friend with a lift could never find downtime, and then winter approached, and he suggested I did not want this to be a snow plow.

March 1 - this puppy is going on.

Edit for: It is amazing how the Daytona Grey in your pictures seems to ummmm... chameleonlike... color the carbon on your spoiler. Probably shouldn't have even painted mine and saved the $. Your car looks great - and the polished wheels look killer.
    G'day mate!! yours looks smoking hawt too!!
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I have been "practicing" for quite some time.

I pretend my spoiler is installed.

Every curb, speed bump, driveway transition, etc., registers in my head now.

And if I eff it up I will be so pissed (as he raps the knuckles on the wood computer desk....).

Have a good weekend all!
    mate mine has been on for over 5 years .. i have been airborn at 120 mph no issues..the underside will scrape that is life ..but a quick sand and re-clear looks like new again.
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS