Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS7 vs. Panamanabananamera© Turbo comparison test - Motor Trend Head-to-Head...

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    ...and in the absence of road circuit lap times, I thought it worth pointing out that the understeery RS7 is still quicker through MT's figure 8 test than either the "good-handling RWD" M5 or "dreadnought" E63...
    I wouldn't even want to look at the RS 7's front tires after that test, but I would want to see a figure 8 test with 6 consecutive laps, I think it would be very turn 2 at Gingerman like.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Meh. 0-60 this, lap-time that. They are both fantastic cars that demand respect.

I don't plan on buying either, but if I had to choose I'd probably pick the RS7. The interior is to die for. That's what I'll be surrounded by when I'm driving. I personally like the exterior but I get that this car is either love/hate. It'll still beat the snot out of just about everything else out there. The Porsche is definitely better qualified on a track, but I doubt that this is an important criteria for 99% of buyers of either car.

And yes, the body roll needs to be addressed. It looks like an old fiat without antiroll bars coming around the corner loaded down.