Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS7 vs. Panamanabananamera© Turbo comparison test - Motor Trend Head-to-Head...

RS7 vs. Panamanabananamera© Turbo comparison test - Motor Trend Head-to-Head...

I'd still rather have the RS7....I couldn't pay nearly $200K for a car that makes me wince every time I look at it!

That body roll in the RS7 is garbage.

I would choose the Pcar

so would I, the body roll in the RS7 is way too much and i guess it has the DRC, the dynamic active roll bars on the Pork do a better job...plus the build quality of the P is much much better than the Audi's, if money were no object definitely the Panamera without any doubt...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    ...i guess it has the DRC....
    No DRC - it has the standard air suspension. DRC cars haven't reached the US yet.

I agree that there's too much body roll....

i saw that after watching the whole movie, both have air suspension, but the major difference is the active roll bars that Porsche is using, you can actually see how the roll bars counter-act in corners and pushes the body upwards...you do pay much more but then at the end of the day it is indeed better...

perhaps with the DRC the RS7 would be better planted in corners and wouldn't lean so much...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

This comment (not authored by me) hits the nail on the head, I think:

Porsche's designers need lessons from their Audi cousins, while Audi's suspension engineers need lessons from their Porsche cousins.

Amen to the wincing. Once the rs7 is in the 60-70 range, I'll bite. And add roll bars and electronic lowering module. And apr tune.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

That was actually painful to watch, just wanted to put the RS 7 out of its misery.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Looks like I keep my C5s a bit longer.

Hard to beat the original Audi super sedan even after all these years. At least on US soil.

As noted by Josh above...we can come close to those standing mile times with a few tweeks

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    That body roll in the RS7 is garbage.

I would choose the Pcar

$141K for the Porsche Panamera Turbo, but the "Turbo S" has another 50bhp and other enhancements for $180K. The Turbo S would really dust the RS7.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

$141K for the Porsche Panamera Turbo, but the "Turbo S" has another 50bhp and other enhancements for $180K. The Turbo S would really dust the RS7. BTW, he says the Turbo S isn't available yet? There was one delivered to my dealer a few weeks ago so not sure how old this vid is.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

They're both fugly. I'd rather have a new S6.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    That was actually painful to watch, just wanted to put the RS 7 out of its misery.
    And yet, even without DRC, the RS7 posted better results in virtually every performance test than either the M5 Comp Pack or the E63 AMG S.

Go figure.

BwwHhAaa

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    And yet, even without DRC, the RS7 posted better results in virtually every performance test than either the M5 Comp Pack or the E63 AMG S.
    DRwtfC, yeah, how many cars have you owned with that system again; and, had to live with it? I'm sure it will control some of the body roll, at the expense of losing ones fillings, of course?

I do wish Pobst would've done a timed proper lap, THAT woulda been interesting, I just don't get why all RS 7 tests never seem to include a time lapped on a road circuit (save Hockenheim). All 0-60 (it is quick, w/ brake torquing) , skidpad, G's, and braking sh!t, all of which I don't give an ass about.

But like others have mentioned, you'll never overcome the hideousness of it, likewise, the Panammerreaaera.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

...I just don't get why all RS 7 tests never seem to include a time lapped on a road circuit (save Hockenheim)...
    Ummmm, because track lap times are completely irrelevant to 99% of the potential customers for these cars??
    That said, it's a given that the Porsche would annihilate the RS7 (and the M5, and the E63) on the track.

...All 0-60 (it is quick, w/ brake torquing) , skidpad, G's, and braking sh!t, all of which I don't give an ass about...
    Funny for you to suggest here that empirical data ISN'T important to you, since every other time road test results have been brought up you've said that emprical data is the ONLY thing you care about. Can't have it both ways.... And before you argue that you only care about specific empirical data, don't bother - you, Mr. Emperor, have no clothes on this point....

Hi, Bob!

You never pay attention, but, admittedly, the difference is subtle. Empirically, I have ONLY said timed laps on a road circuits is the metric I think gives the most objective view of a cars performance level, and even then, I really think Nordschleife is the most telling because it is so varied and endurance comes into play.

YOU have always been the 0-60 weeny and can quote that metic for every car ever produced, where I cannot even tell you the 0-60 of my GT-R, I hear it is quick though. You'll not find one post where I am enamored by some car's 0-60; hell, I never "launched" my '09 GT-R or my '13 GT-R, but I have taken them to a race track.

the rs7 every day and twice on sunday. The p is ugly and how many times to you track your car. (three times). Cheaper, faster, better looking and that engine is still a beast.

...Empirically, I have ONLY said timed laps on a road circuits...
    ...and in the absence of road circuit lap times, I thought it worth pointing out that the understeery RS7 is still quicker through MT's figure 8 test than either the "good-handling RWD" M5 or "dreadnought" E63...