Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross-Post: RS7 Standling Mile video clip and results - pretty dam* impressive

Cross-Post: RS7 Standling Mile video clip and results - pretty dam* impressive

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...standing-mile/

And for comparison's sake, here's a list of standing mile times for other vehicles (from a different source, but still....) Results are right in line with a stock 2009 Nissan GT-R (!!!)

http://www.dragtimes.ru/en/results/allresults#mile

Last edited by ZCD2.7T; January 8th, 2014 at 15:59.

We need times from apr now with a tune and no cats!

for comparison, I was fooling around a few nights ago and did a standing mile on a deserted highway after doing a high speed run and did a mile in 33.8@260km/h. That was with heat soak and hot oil.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    We need times from apr now with a tune and no cats!

for comparison, I was fooling around a few nights ago and did a standing mile on a deserted highway after doing a high speed run and did a mile in 33.8@260km/h. That was with heat soak and hot oil.
    What method/tool did you use for time/distance?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    What method/tool did you use for time/distance?
    I assumed that my odometer is accurate seeing how I've measured the speedo with gps up to 180 and it's dead on. So I went really slow on the deserted highway and stopped the second I saw it click over to the next whole mile. Video taped it and used a stopwatch to time from start to click over of next whole mile.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

what was your speed?

33.8@260km/h. I'll do it again with new plugs and fuel filter and no cats hopefully this weekend.

33.8@260km/h. I'll do it again with new plugs and fuel filter and no cats hopefully this weekend.

Oh yeah it's Wednesday. Did you make the sound recordings and gut yet? I know I'm looking forward to a direct comparison.
    Last edited by RAUDI; January 9th, 2014 at 04:05.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

Didn't get to it today, gonna try tomorrow. Hopefully.

Looked at the vid again, it was actually 33.6@255km/h. I think I fat fingered my stopwatch last time.

Looked at the vid again, it was actually 33.6@255km/h. I think I fat fingered my stopwatch last time.
    This was kind of why I was asking what method of timing you used. Even with this method it's inaccurate for confirming exactly. Still provides a good base comparisson for general discussion though. Flying along indeed.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I remember Safe4now trapped 170 in the Texas mile.

That is good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    This was kind of why I was asking what method of timing you used. Even with this method it's inaccurate for confirming exactly. Still provides a good base comparisson for general discussion though. Flying along indeed.

I agree it's not precise, my method. But like you said, it's a good comparison. And that puts me around an 04 gallardo. For the fastest car to take 20 seconds to go 1 mile is ludicrous speed!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I remember Safe4now trapped 170 in the Texas mile.

That is good enough for me
    Amen!678

Didn't get get to it this weekend, was chasing a rough idle issue all weekend. Ended up being fuel starvation because my transfer fuel pump wasn't pumping. Thought I fixed it when I pulled all the plugs I installed yesterday and found one I forgot to gap. Drove out and stopped at autozone, bought a jack, tapped on the pump and it started working again. But I was a dummy and didn't unplug it before reinstalling and the brittle plug broke. I don't let things like that stop me, so I scraped back and melted away some of the plastic on the pump side and the plug side and soldered in some wire to jumper it. Sealed it with 2 coats of liquid electrical tape and no more worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    Oh yeah it's Wednesday. Did you make the sound recordings and gut yet? I know I'm looking forward to a direct comparison.

Didn't get get to it this weekend, was chasing a rough idle issue all weekend. Ended up being fuel starvation because my transfer fuel pump wasn't pumping. Thought I fixed it when I pulled all the plugs I installed yesterday and found one I forgot to gap. Drove out and stopped at autozone, bought a jack, tapped on the pump and it started working again. But I was a dummy and didn't unplug it before reinstalling and the brittle plug broke. I don't let things like that stop me, so I scraped back and melted away some of the plastic on the pump side and the plug side and soldered in some wire to jumper it. Sealed it with 2 coats of liquid electrical tape and no more worries there.

Nice with the fix. Scary area of the car to be melting things away though. I hadn't forgotten about your upcoming mod. Still excited to hear the difference. I'll take any bit of action I can get with mine still being on stands.....

Oh, no. I removed and emptied the pump before doing any work on it. I wouldn't be soldering upside down anyway, lol.

I think I'm going to do it on Thursday. I have a replacement lower control arm on its way from 034 on warranty. I will use that time on the frame lift to lower the subframe and do work.

Oh, no. I removed and emptied the pump before doing any work on it. I wouldn't be soldering upside down anyway, lol.

Picture me say "whew" and wiping my brow in relief.