Thread: Drove an RS5 today!

Drove an RS5 today!

All I can say is WOW! From the second you walk up to it....it is just inspiring. The instrumentation and controls are all spot on. Not sure if was the upgraded exhaust or not but it sounded incredible when you get on it. Sadly, I think my cars days are numbered.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

I left my sales position at Audi just before I was supposed to go test drive the RS 5 and the S6/7/8. So bummed I missed that opportunity! I assume it's just like the S5, but better in every way!

You just lemme know when you sell that NSX

It's always for sale...lol.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Having owned an RS6 and now the RS5 it is indeed a fantastic car and just plain great looking...I get almost as many compliments for it as I do my R8 and it does very well (miles better than the RS6) at the track...but I miss the low end torque and the instant go that the RS6 has at all speeds...there is a slight bit of hesitation in the 5 as the revs climb. It can be solved however by always leaving the car in sport mode. Which equals really eating gas. I'm looking forward to the RS7 I have on order to bring back the super smile my RS6 always gave me. The RS5 is extremely refined and doesn't feel beastly like the RS6 does/did. The RS7 is beastly. Just wish it didn't cost as much as it does but oh well. The RS5 is a bargain for the price no doubt. Fantastic all around car.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet