Thread: Seattle area 6mt RS6 peeps, need your help!

Seattle area 6mt RS6 peeps, need your help!

Yes, there are at least three of us.

I need someone to bring their 6mt RS6 to AMD to help Jason diagnose my ABS issue. Basically, we need to borrow a known functioning ABS controller to see if mine are both bad or if there is another issue. I've purchased two S6 ABS controllers, one was even rebuilt by modulemasters, it got rid of the internal fault error but still allowed a tire to lockup. The new/used one I bought does the exact same thing, no light but one tire locks up at the ABS engagement point, and will not release for a second or two after one lifts off of the brake pedal. There's no ABS/ESP light but its allowing one tire to lockup, same tire every time. I know my car has helped Jason at AMD become "the man" for these conversion cars since I bought mine in September 2012. Perhaps one of you will return the favor and help me to get my car on the road once and for all (in a fully functioning way).

I'll pay your tab next time we meet at Feierabend! ;-)

Thanks,

Jason
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

If it's the same tire each time with different modules, I doubt it's the module. Look downstream at the pump or the sensor at that wheel.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I hear you. I'm not the mechanic, he has his way of diagnosing and hasn't found the issue yet. It's allegedly not the sensor and the brake lines are clear and fine. Jason is a very good mechanic/engineer and I'm sure his suspicions are valid. I haven't actually driven it with the second module, however he has and said it does the exact same thing. So much frustrate.
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

We'll good luck man. I'll look into all this late next year.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

My thoughts would be the pump too if it is the same tire with each controller.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I think i will be in tomorrow if u want.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

If it has the original rubber brake hoses, replace it to be sure. The hose can cause that problem. However, normally the brake caliper will keep dragging.

Should be able to use VAG-COM to actuate the system and verify measuring block values.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by N_Stamp View Post
    I think i will be in tomorrow if u want.
    Whenever you want to bring it by AMD would be great, he probably would like some notice though.