Thread: Build your own RS7

Build your own RS7

Cool they have the configuration site up and running....now where to get that extra $100k...

The option that struck me the most was $5,900 for the B&O stereo, damn. Other pricing options seemed reasonable.

http://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs7
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I wonder how much a small bottle of touch up paint costs for Daytona Grey Matte? Could it even be touched up? Man, that color is for people that REALLY care what a car looks like - and don't give a shit at the same time.

Maintenance must be a full time job for the yacht club valet.

Must say though, with the Titanium 21's, I would feel slightly larger driving it.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

I can't wait to get my hands on one ....in the year 2023 when I can afford one.

Well that is not so bad. I can spec one for 110k.

hmmm

I thought the stereo was crazy as well. The other two I thought were annoying was the $3000 for the headliner and $500 for the rear heated seats. A lot of standard things they are now charging extra for.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I can tell you that the B&O sound system is bloody god-awful expensive, but if you have it and are a real audiophile, worth every penny. When I worked at Audi I used to grab my iPod and sneak to the back of the lot where we had an A6 with the B&O system. I could hear notes, pitches, instruments that I could never hear before on any other stereo, even the lower-end B&O system in the S4. It was incredible! I don't think I'd opt for one in an RS 7 but if I were looking at an A8/S8, absolutely.

So being a little bored for a few minutes I took a look at the specs on the link in the OP. The "theoretical" top speed at 6600 in 8th gear with a 26.3" diameter tire would hit just over 250mph if the engine had the mustard to do it. Of course it won't but fun to think about it. It would shift from 7th to 8th at 200.1mph.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

One review I read said something like "If there is any option you get at all on this vehicle, get the B&O sound system. Its truly impressive.".
    03' RS6 - Mugello Blue, Ebony Interior. 19" V710's
    Sold - 06 6SP Silver B7 S4 - APR Exh, piggies, JHM ECU, VMR V708's
    Sold - 01.5 B5 S4 6-Speed - Neuspeed Exhaust, GIAC-X ECU, Shifter, VMR V708's

Hey- "NO CHARGE" first scheduled maintenance ...

personally not a fan - especially at $110k+. They'll sell about 500 of 'em here, and then the rest that were sent over will languish around dealers and be had for $90K next fall
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

It'd be nice to have a new car like that, as long as it's warranty was fully comprehensive.
    My only concern is nothing will be DIY and being someone who likes to work on their own car thats a no-go.
    I feel the C5 RS6 is in that sweet spot of annoyingly challenging at times to fix, yet rewarding when you are able to do it yourself.
    All this technolgy makes me want to digress to simpler car...a Factory Five Type 65 Coupe build would be my choice at half the price!
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Well since I do have one on order although for some reason delayed... I am skipping the ridiculous of the extra tech (innovation and driver assist) as none of it is needed...standard is the blindspot warning which is needed on the thing after having a few A7 loaners...no B&O...I like music but not $6K worth period, and the engine is really what I want to hear. My other two cars have B&O and its totally pointless in my R8...no $3K headliner...spare me...wasn't one in my RS5 either. No heated seats etc. So just carbon exterior package, ti 21" wheels, red calipers, sport exhaust that is a must, and hopefully my dealer can catch it of getting the DRC in before it goes into production (supposedly this week or next). Anyway my more basic car is 114K which really is more than I wanted to pay for the thing but when compared to its peers it is a good deal still but I am having a hard time with $25K more than the S7. My RS5 at just under $70K new before taxes is looking like a bargain.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Well since I do have one on order although for some reason delayed... I am skipping the ridiculous of the extra tech (innovation and driver assist) as none of it is needed...standard is the blindspot warning which is needed on the thing after having a few A7 loaners...no B&O...I like music but not $6K worth period, and the engine is really what I want to hear. My other two cars have B&O and its totally pointless in my R8...no $3K headliner...spare me...wasn't one in my RS5 either. No heated seats etc. So just carbon exterior package, ti 21" wheels, red calipers, sport exhaust that is a must, and hopefully my dealer can catch it of getting the DRC in before it goes into production (supposedly this week or next). Anyway my more basic car is 114K which really is more than I wanted to pay for the thing but when compared to its peers it is a good deal still but I am having a hard time with $25K more than the S7. My RS5 at just under $70K new before taxes is looking like a bargain.
    Nice, that's what I was looking for. I hope you upgraded to black leather? Heated wheel and back seats? My worry is that when these start hitting the used market there will be a lot of them in white leather since it's stock and cheaper.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The leather is a choice between the lunar silver and the ebony. Actually most are the ebony that I have seen delivered. No rear heated seats on mine...its living in Florida. Same reason I choose the lighter color but I do prefer the contrast on the interior.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet