Thread: Bit of water in passenger side, caution...

Bit of water in passenger side, caution...

So I think we've all heard of water in the floor, not sure if it's one side more than other. Been washing/spraying off my car a bunch this fall as it parks outside and needs a morning clean. Anyhow, just found water on carpet, pulled that and all electronics are dry. Funny we found a screwdriver in there too...not mine!

Anyhow, sunroof drain vents are perfectly clean. Car tilts to passenger side in driveway, and if you open hood and pop the plastic cover below the windshield you'll see the AC plumbing and other stuff going into the cabin, without the best seal. This is my thought on how the water got in. I'm going to seal up the area with some silicon. Just a heads up to seal this up before anything bad happens...bit too easy to get water in.

There is a ton of wiring down there too...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

You are correct, the plastic shield is the key. Make sure its sealed to the strip along bottom of windshield. Thats where the water comes from.

I have a new plastic shield for you, not kidding.
    PM for details
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I have a new plastic shield for you, not kidding.
    PM for details
    Thank you sir, PM sent...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ben, I am having the same problem. Crap! I did not pull the carpet, but its pretty wet coming from behind the glovebox. I confirmed by taking it through the car wash and watching it drip onto the floor… it had been dripping behind the floor mat and went mostly unnoticed.

Do you have a part number for the plastic shield?

Thanks!
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

Couldn't this just be fixed with some silicon caulking? Seems like it could be done clean. And even if the shield is good, try this; pop the hood, lift the plastic cover over coolant, and you'll see multiple entry lines into the cabin on the passenger side, AC lines, and areas for water to leak in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1uglymug View Post
    Ben, I am having the same problem. Crap! I did not pull the carpet, but its pretty wet coming from behind the glovebox. I confirmed by taking it through the car wash and watching it drip onto the floor… it had been dripping behind the floor mat and went mostly unnoticed.

Do you have a part number for the plastic shield?

Thanks!
    I can get it, meaning the shield between the windshield and the wipers, not the shield that covers the area on top of the brake fluid reservoir.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared