Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I didn't buy an RS6 after all...

Very nice purchase! I looked into these a few months ago. All we get to Canada however is the GT. I sat in it and found that it didn't hug me like I wanted it to, felt a bit oversized on the inside. I did love the appointments on the interior though!

There were a precious few GXP's that made it to Canada, literally just a handful I think. I like the spaciousness of it, personal preference though.
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

G8's are real nice and have a good community, some folks doing really amazing mods to G8's. I predict they will become the new American cult tuning classic car similar to the Impala SS and Taurus SHO back in the day! Enjoy
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Thanks nistah, I see that too. Lots of 500+whp guys out there already. I'll probably get there eventually, but not anytime soon. Baby steps...

Finally got a tag for my car on Friday. Long story but a lot of stuff got screwed up on the bank's side of things and had to get resolved, protracted by the holidays and vacation time people take towards the end of the year. Regardless, the car is now street legal and just in time. The driver I shoot for in Pirelli World Challenge, Brian Kleeman, flew down Friday night to hang out for the weekend. We took the car to an AutoX over in Clemson to finish off the OEM Bridgestone RE050's which were pretty much shot when I bought the car. We had a great time tossing the car around and I think we did pretty decent considering. Times have yet to be posted but I'll follow up on that along with a video (we had all three of my GoPro's going). Here's one and the album if you want to see any of the other shots:

Clemson Sports Car Club AutoX - 1/25/14 - JPMcG Photography

After the AutoX, we drove down to Z1 Motorsports in Georgia for a meeting about the upcoming year in Spec Z racing and hung out with our ATL friends the rest of the weekend. Capped it off by meeting up with some G8 owners in Duluth on my way back home last night (excuse the poor photo quality, Facebook upload here) :

-Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs

Here's the autox video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_BfDK_jQzs

Read below video for description of laps.

After finishing off the OEM tires last weekend, I ordered a set of 255/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my car and they arrived today. I got them installed after work, gave the car a quick bath (you know... 2.5 hours or so), and snapped a few pictures to show off the new shoes:

Weird reflection on the front fender by the headlight, not a mark on the car

As it should have been factory...

Rear view

Mileage: 17,1xx

Made it home from work (in the truck, of course) with just enough light left to wheel the GXP out of the garage and snap a quick shot at the end of the neighborhood across the road during Snowmaggeddon 2014:

Attended the Cars & Coffee Upstate show this morning with the GXP along with my friends Andy, in the GTR, and Geoff, in the Nismo 370z. Today was the largest turnout thus far that I've seen at the "new" location, Michelin HQ. By 8:45am, the entire parking lot was full and people were having to park on the roads that circled the lots. Had a great time and stuck around till around 11, then we headed for the Carolina Ale House an exit down and had lunch with a big group of various car guys and gals. Weather looked gloomy in this snap but it cleared up not long after and turned out to be quite a beautiful day!

I finally got to put the new Super Sports to the test this weekend as I traveled up to Asheville for Cars and Coffee yesterday morning then joined a group from WNCRides on a cruise from Asheville to Brevard and then on to Caesar's Head then down. I have to say, these tires are absolutely amazing. Granted I never drove my car with the OEM tires in good shape but these tires just grip for days. I simply could not get the car to break loose within my own personal limits of what I feel is safe. They may have had more to give but I wasn't ready to test it and I was keeping up with the leaders of the pack and not holding anyone else behind me up. All in all, had a great time driving my car yesterday and the weather couldn't have been better for this kind of thing!

Album:

WNCRides Cruise to Caesar's Head - 3/15/14 - JPMcG Photography

Car:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jcs...ature=youtu.be

Haven't posted anything recently because I've been so busy. The GXP made the trip to St. Petersburg for race a little over a month ago. I took my friend Dustin (from Z1), his wife and myself along with all our luggage and my photo gear. Both Dustin and Erin were really impressed with the car as we all three took turns driving the beast. On the highway the new Super Sport tires really showed their advantage providing a quiet, comfortable ride. After St. Pete, I took it to Stone Mountain to meet with the Georgia G8 club for their first big meet. That was a lot of fun and I got to meet a lot of really nice G8 owners!

That's me standing almost dead center with my friend Ryan on the left and my car just above and to the left.

Somewhere during this time, my dad bought me a set of Lloyd Premium floor matts for the car. They came out great! (see pics in link below)

A few weeks later I drove the car to Barber Motorsports Park for the next World Challenge race. Once again proving to be exactly what I wanted in a car, I ended up with 3 other people along with my luggage and photo gear comfortably whisking us back to Carrollton, GA, to drop a few friends off at Z1. For this leg of the trip back I decided to let Jon drive as I was pretty beat from walking every square inch of Barber and insanely long days in the paddock (see my post about the race for my info on why!).

After all this running around the car was really starting to look worse for wear, despite my best efforts to keep it clean. In the capable hands of my good friend Andy, I dropped off the car last week so it could be detailed just in time for ZdayZ next weekend. Andy made a post about it over on DetailersBliss. Here's a link to that so y'all can see the paint correction process, it came out amazing from what I can see!

Pontiac G8 GXP correction - Show and Shine - Detailing Bliss powered by Detailer's Domain

Mileage: 22,242