Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS6 on the Tail of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by jtmdmd1 View Post
    I definitely need to get the sways then.
    Yes you do- and take that thing out on dat track...I've heard it is fun..;0
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Yes you do- and take that thing out on dat track...I've heard it is fun..;0
    When are you coming back down to Barber?
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

^I'm considering Nov/13 with the Rezoom group if the stars align. It would be good to see you again if I make it out there.
    210K miles rolled

Great shot ...your car sits perfectly !
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

We stayed at Fontana when we were there in March, nice & quiet. After driving 28 between there & TOD, I was wondering how TOD could be any better.

What day did you drive TOD? I was wanting to look at your pics on Killboy & 129 Photos. You car definitely has less body roll in the turns than mine!

Attachment 14202Attachment 14203
    September 7th and 8th. My car has Koni shocks, H&R springs, and Hotchkis sways. Doesn't really roll. It also is very jarring with any decent sized bump in the road! I recently had to drive my wife's car and felt like the wheels were completely disconnected from the car!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

When are you coming back down to Barber?
    I was at Barber just this past Friday..on my bike though. Rode down to hit the museum, then rode out to Tupelo and then the Natchez Trace back to Nashville.

Have you done track days at Barber? How does the RS6 do on that track? If there's a day y'all are going to to a track day, I'll definitely come down for that!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    September 7th and 8th. My car has Koni shocks, H&R springs, and Hotchkis sways. Doesn't really roll. It also is very jarring with any decent sized bump in the road! I recently had to drive my wife's car and felt like the wheels were completely disconnected from the car!
    Very nice, those springs will toughen it up for sure. Although sometimes I'd like better cornering, stock springs are great all around, keeps the ride civil.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I can't believe how many cars there were at the TOD the days you were there. When we went in March it was pretty empty- only saw a couple of bikes the whole day & just a few slower cars & trucks that pulled off to let you pass- pretty much you could run as fast as you wanted to. That must be frustrating with so much traffic.

My car is fairly cushy with the stock DRC but it does run smoothly on the highway expansion joints since I got the Conti DWs. The sidewalls on those are very soft & you can tell they are collapsing when you are turning hard- have to decide between jarring & too much roll I guess.

I haven't done any of the track days at Barber yet- Randy (MaxRS6) has done several at Barber & may be coming down to the Rezoom event in November. I had planned on doing one this year but it doesn't look like it is going to happen- maybe next year!! Randy's RS6 does very well on the track- I met him last Nov. there & watched him run the hell out of his. The Museum is pretty amazing, isn't it? 5 stories of motorcycles & Lotus racing cars. They are having the Vintage Motorcycle Festival next weekend (11th-13th) which is a huge motorcycle event.

When I picked up my RS6 last summer in Dallas we drove back thru rural Louisiana to Natchez & up the Trace to Jackson. It was a nice drive- couldn't really run too hard but very nice scenery.

If you do come down we can all get togetherXXXXXX!!!####

Just replying to kismetcapitan & had the perfect Monday morning disaster- I was typing my reply & I heard a kind of tapping noise in the ceiling tiles. Of course, a second or two later the water started dripping & then pouring on my desk. Unfortunately, the toilet in the patient reception area directly above my personal office & desk had stopped up & overflowed bringing new meaning to the term "a shitty Monday Morning". I spent the rest of the morning sanitizing & drying the ceiling, the carpet, & my desk. Next I'm going home to sanitize myself!!
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust