Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: question for all the manual swap guys...

I like the tried and true 01E. know how many 1000 whp cars are running around with it? Makes it good enough for me! More curious on how to get one of the twin disc clutch setups to work on the RS6 block???

Clutch is one of last thing to order for my swap to start. Im torn between the AMD Stage 4 setup and the Southbend Stage 3 Endurance with custom disc they came up with that is rated for 610 ft/lbs. I will most likely do the Southbend to test this new option for the community. It is being ran on a Single Turbo S4 I know with great success!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Yea Milka, who did the conversion on the 0A3? I've heard they are not necessarily stronger but they shift a little smoother and they are lighter with the Aluminum case?
    I have done all the work myself except the actual fabrication work, pulled engine and gearbox a dozen times to get the clearances all good, thoses turbos are not small!

I chose the 0a3 as there were a few people here that were running 01e gearboxes with gt 35 on stroked A4 and they had issues, they switched to 0a3 and no issues. Oh, it shifts so much nicer too.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Wow, close to wheel 600hp, must be fun! What kind of Dyno, and where's your location, maybe add to sig? Isn't the power balance 60 back / 40 front?
    DynoDynamics Dyno in Sydney Australia, yeah std is 40/60 front/rear but can go as much as 20/80, I have had the rear slide out on a few occasions in the dry when the turbos spool, luckily I chose the larger .82 twin scroll housings and the boost comes on really linearly, pretty easy to control.

This is only on 21 psi, with 93. The plan is to put the built engine in and then boost to 30psi with E85.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha00311 View Post
    That's a nice setup you have there... Those turbos are good for what?... 800whp or so?
    Regarding that trans you've got... Why did you decide to go with it over the more traditional 01E setup? Benefits of the setup over 01E?

Keep me informed on your new clutch setup.
    Yeah just getting clearances worked out, it's a really tight fit to say the least. A carbon/carbon twin would be an easy fit but I don't want to change to a different clutch again if the twin did not hold. I have lots of pics measurements but unfortunately they are all OA3 specific running a 6 mm spacer plate.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Yea, he's from Oz. Interested in how the OA3 conversion is compared to the O1E. I've heard good & bad about both trannies. But Audi did replace the O1E with the OA3 in cars that had more power than the O1E cars. They did replace the housing with Aluminum which must put them a few pounds lighter, is that the only reason?
    Weight was never a concern, the steam pipe manifolds turbos and waste gates nearly weigh as much as the gearbox. I do love the way it feels and shifts, ever driven a B7 RS4 feels so smooth and exact and hence quick shifts just happen without any force.

Milka- if you're willing to share with us... What exactly have you done to your RS thus far? What kind of numbers are you seeing? What were the biggest obstacles you've had to overcome with your build, and how did you overcome them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha00311 View Post
    Milka- if you're willing to share with us... What exactly have you done to your RS thus far? What kind of numbers are you seeing? What were the biggest obstacles you've had to overcome with your build, and how did you overcome them?
    Here are a few of the mods, I did post a link to my build thread on another forum.

Hotchkis sways
    KW v3 Coilovers
    Adjustable front upper control arms
    B7 RS4 wheels (testing R8 rims)
    Alcon front brakes, RS6 Plus rear rotors
    Stainless lines brake lines all round
    Twin GTX3071 Turbos, Twin scroll .82 housings
    Tial MV-S external wastegates set to 13 psi base pressure
    Custom exhaust manifold, Twin scroll with single Tial per bank
    Milltek Exhaust with cats and resonators
    Custom 3' dump joined into Milltek cats
    Twin LC-1 wideband 02s
    Twin BMC OTA Carbon airfilters
    Twin A8 MAFs
    Custom intake piping joining the stock air intakes into BMC OTAs then A8 MAFs then into enlarged Y at back of engine
    Re-core'd RS6 intercoolers with Garrett 4.25' thick cores
    Weldon fuel pressure regulator
    Integrated engineering billet 1.8T rails modified to fit RS6
    -8 teflon fuel lines with speedflow fittings
    Bosch EV14 980cc injectors
    Phenolic Spacers 1.8T port matched to RS6 heads/manifolds
    0A3 B7 RS4 gearbox
    Custom 6mm gearbox spacer
    Modified TDI 6th gear
    B7 RS4 clutch slave
    A6 manual Clutch master
    A6 manual clutch pedal/brake pedal
    Tilton Carbon/Carbon Triple Plate clutch
    custom front half shafts (using existing stock RS6 CVs)
    custom gearbox mount brackets
    modified tail shaft
    shifter from B5 S4 soon to be replaced by B7 RS4 shifter
    Catch Can with baffles (removed SAI and replaced with catch can)
    Wavetrac LSD

Currently working on:
    Twin Walbro 416 E85 intank pumps (with option of going to Radium external surge tank if needed but trying to avoid this)

Spare engine being worked on
    Heads fully built and ready to rev over 8500 (I will set red line to 8000)
    Pauter rods
    Need to figure out Pistons/rings for spare block

I'm sure I've missed some stuff..... But that's a good starting list, damn that scares me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Advan20130417-444.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	14966  

Milka, thanks for taking the time to post your mod list with details. Impressive as you know, have fun and be safe, that is a serious rocket you have there.

Update your sig if you get a chance, location and mods, really nice for a beginner finding the thread.

That custom exhaust manifold, $4k? You must have $50k into this thing! Just love for the style or why did you choose this platform to mod heavily? Cheers mate!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That's quite impressive Milka! Helluva setup you have there bud. So I guess you went to a triple plate clutch after your previous clutch failures? How is it working out thus far? What kind of #'s are you seeing on this setup and how is the drive ability with the setup and more so with the clutch?

EDIT: I just saw the demo chart

im just trying to pick your brain as much as possible since this is a very similar setup to what I am planning for my build so I'd appreciate any input on snags you hit along the way such as fitment issues or compatibility problems, etc...
    Any advice is appreciated.

So its decision making time...
    Got 2 choices here:
    Southbend Stage 3 with a new custom clutch disc with a 620ft/lbs rating
    Clutchmasters FX400 or 300.

Need help!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant