Thread: My RS6 is for sale

Thumbs up My RS6 is for sale

I do this with a heavy heart. The car has been a ton of fun to own. But we're building a new house and it is the responsible thing to do. I'm listing the car on CL and autotrader for $27,995, kbb is above $30K. I'm willing to make a deal for a RS6.com forum member and will add the HREs with brand new 275/30/ZR19 Michelin PSS for free at the asking price. Here is the for sale text:

Very clean, low mileage 2003 AUDI RS6, Ebony Pearl Effect exterior, Black leather interior. 4.2L twin turbo V8 with 5-speed automatic transmission Tiptronic(R) in pristine condition. Four link front suspension and QUATTRO permanent all-wheel drive system with EDL (Electronic Differential Lock), ABS and ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program). This car has been very rewarding to own and I loved every minute of it. I’m selling below KBB estimate to help finance a new house. KBB lists the Private Party Value for excellent condition at $30,315.

OEM Sound Enhancing sport exhaust with black exhaust tips. OEM alloy 18” wheels with new Hankook Ventus V12evo 255/40/ZR18, heated front and rear seats, 6-CD changer, XM/AM/FM, automatic dual zone climate control with pollen filter, power everything, wood inlays for dash, console and doors, leather/alcantara interior in very good condition. I still have the original window sticker with an MSRP of $85,610.00.

This is a non-smoker, no-kids car that has always been garaged. It has an indoor car cover and is wired for a battery minder trickle charger. This car has a professionally installed and undetectable K-40 Electronics K40-2000 front and rear radar and laser detection system.

Optional HRE 546R wheels with brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/30/ZR19 (new $10K) shown in pictures sold separately. This car currently has an Audi Pure Protection exclusionary platinum warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services which expires on 09/28/2014. Buyer can purchase the remainder of the warranty at cost from me if desired. I also have an extra set of LED taillights that look great on the car that are free. Most maintenance records on hand; entire service history on hand. Last service done was the 55,000 mile inspection. Brake pads and discs replaced at 57,425 miles. Last recall completed was the Fuel Tank Valve update. The car is registered in OR, currently in southern UT. Additional pictures upon request.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4040RS6.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	14075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4043RS6.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	14076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4047RS6.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	14077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4054RS6.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	14078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4060RS6.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	14079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4075RS6.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	14080Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4078RS6.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	14081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4085RS6.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	14082

I am a fan of your pricing! Thanks for not dumping it!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Interesting pedals...what's with the red buttons on each side of ESP?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Very nice. And to boot have purchased some of our nicest cars from Bend over the years. Best of luck with sale and home build.

The red LEDs on either side of the ESP button are part of the K40 radar/laser detection system. The off/city/hwy and volume switch is under the armrest, behind the parking brake. There are also two speakers installed behind the dash to help identify if the threat is from the front or behind. Overall a very effective system that has saved me lots of $$$ over the years. The installation is about as stealth as it can be ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by as350 View Post
    The red LEDs on either side of the ESP button are part of the K40 radar/laser detection system. The off/city/hwy and volume switch is under the armrest, behind the parking brake. There are also two speakers installed behind the dash to help identify if the threat is from the front or behind. Overall a very effective system that has saved me lots of $$$ over the years. The installation is about as stealth as it can be ;-)
    Nice vehicle, loving everything but the trims (still waiting on ocarbon, 8 weeks since I ordered...) have you checked with K40 to see if they offer an upgrade package from the 2000 to the 360i? I just got mine installed, 2 blue LEDs, one on each side of the bottom of the steering wheel trims, and the sound integrates to the radio, even working when the radio is turned off. Stealth kill switch mounted under the dash near the ODB2, and a bitty little remote hidden in the front door pocket cubby.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Nice vehicle, loving everything but the trims (still waiting on ocarbon, 8 weeks since I ordered...) have you checked with K40 to see if they offer an upgrade package from the 2000 to the 360i? I just got mine installed, 2 blue LEDs, one on each side of the bottom of the steering wheel trims, and the sound integrates to the radio, even working when the radio is turned off. Stealth kill switch mounted under the dash near the ODB2, and a bitty little remote hidden in the front door pocket cubby.
    Erik, you are going to come to depend on the K40, believe me. I put about 900 miles on the car yesterday driving from Oregon to southern Utah. With the exception of a 100 mile stretch on I-80, all other roads were of the less traveled back country two lane roads. The K40 saved my ass on several occasions
    The RS6 loves cruising between 90 - 120 mph. I forgot how much of a pleasure this car can be and how the workload is surprisingly low at those speeds. Truly a great car. Makes me not want to sell it...

While I've been getting a steady flow of interest for my RS6, so far they have only been tire-kickers and scammers.

I'm lowering the asking price for members of this forum by a thousand dollars to $27K.

The car is back in Bend, Oregon. Mileage as of this morning is 61352. A few days ago I took it on a 940-mile trip through eastern Oregon and Nevada and got to stretch its legs a bit. This car is such a pleasure to drive. ;-)