Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear gas in Oregon

Clear gas in Oregon

So apparently, every standard station/gas in the state is now 10% Ethanol, even though premium still registers at 92. Thoughts on issues with the added Ethanol even with full octane?

Good part is this, stations sell Ethanol free, or Clear.

https://data.oregon.gov/Recreation/-...ions/qwux-prpy

Other good news, apparently there's a station on the edge of town pumping 100 octane unleaded, may I say hell yes! Previously all 100 was race gas and had to be bought in a container and filled at home. I'll get some soon and report back. I'm tuned on the edge of premium, so the 100 should cool and stabilize things a bit.

What are you all dealing with in other states, good or bad?

Oh yes, !!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

www.pure-gas.org Up to 10% here in Washington but not a state law. Content varies from station to station (supplier to supplier). You will get better gas mileage and more power with 100% gasoline although not real noticeable but there are long term negative effects from Gasohol.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Husky has been selling ethanol blend gas up in western Canada for years. Premium is 94 which is decent. Lots of discussion on boards about whether cars benefit from or are hindered by the blend.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Yeah both Florida and Texas are 10% blends, though there are the 'redneck beer bait and ammo' gas stations that sell real 100% ethanol free gas. Also the marinas and such sell it but they charge an arm and a leg per gallon!!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Ethanol sucks, we can all thank the corn lobby for this mess. That is why Aces is in my tanks. It's a crime how fast my cars are in hot AZ with that stuff in the tank.

Also in 2003 the FED allowed banks to trade on the futures market. Guess who the largest holders of oil contracts are? Chase and Goldman, kinda like giving a crack addict the whole poppy farm. And look at a 20 year graph of US gas prices. It was steady as she goes till 2003 then nothing but up volatile price hikes since. Gas was $1.50 in 03. Oh the poor sheeple have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    Yeah both Florida and Texas are 10% blends, though there are the 'redneck beer bait and ammo' gas stations that sell real 100% ethanol free gas. Also the marinas and such sell it but they charge an arm and a leg per gallon!!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Ethanol sucks, we can all thank the corn lobby for this mess. That is why Aces is in my tanks. It's a crime how fast my cars are in hot AZ with that stuff in the tank.

Also in 2003 the FED allowed banks to trade on the futures market. Guess who the largest holders of oil contracts are? Chase and Goldman, kinda like giving a crack addict the whole poppy farm. And look at a 20 year graph of US gas prices. It was steady as she goes till 2003 then nothing but up volatile price hikes since. Gas was $1.50 in 03. Oh the poor sheeple have no idea.
    Yep, my family has been in the oil business for 100 years. There were times when they could barely give the oil away! My parents actually had to sell off a lot of the wells and start flipping houses just to stay afloat in the late 90's...now 15-20 barrels a day in total production is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and with 1 month waits just to get a crew to work on a well at a couple grand an hour it's insanely hard to keep up production for a little guy...but it's still a profitable business so I try to keep my complaints about gas prices in check. There is always money to be made, you just got to know how to work things to your advantage.
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Totally agree. Just need to stay ahead of the herd.

Im the same way with Obamacare. But have made a ton on its startup so go ahead and screw the sheeple.

Yep, my family has been in the oil business for 100 years. There were times when they could barely give the oil away! My parents actually had to sell off a lot of the wells and start flipping houses just to stay afloat in the late 90's...now 15-20 barrels a day in total production is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and with 1 month waits just to get a crew to work on a well at a couple grand an hour it's insanely hard to keep up production for a little guy...but it's still a profitable business so I try to keep my complaints about gas prices in check. There is always money to be made, you just got to know how to work things to your advantage.

Got the goods, $4.90 for clean 92, $9 for clean 100 unleaded, thanks local gas station!

10% ethanol 92 runs about $4.40 around here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	14083
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Totally agree. Just need to stay ahead of the herd.

Im the same way with Obamacare. But have made a ton on its startup so go ahead and screw the sheeple.
    The way I see it the majority of the people really getting screwed by Obamacare voted for the guy anyways since most everyone else already had health insurance from the fact that they have jobs...but that's another whole discussion that I'll leave alone...

It adds layers of costs and cuts reimbursement. But has created red tape machines that provide no benefits. Just like ethanol.

The way I see it the majority of the people really getting screwed by Obamacare voted for the guy anyways since most everyone else already had health insurance from the fact that they have jobs...but that's another whole discussion that I'll leave alone...

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Got the goods, $4.90 for clean 92, $9 for clean 100 unleaded, thanks local gas station!

10% ethanol 92 runs about $4.40 around here...
    What are the stations?
    From what I hear Unocal 76 in Springfield (OR) and the gas station in Harrisburg right off I-5 sells clear and unleaded 100 race gas, respectively. There's another, I think also a 76, in Cottage grove that sells clear and race gas....
    These or different?

Chevron at 99 and Irving, 7 miles up the road for me!

In the early 90s where I lived started using 10% Ethanol. The custom turbo car I drove didn't seem to mind in terms of performance. Maybe a slight loss of MPG due to Ethanol' lower BTU. There were never any fuel related issue, before or after, and for another 10yrs of driving it.

I'd venture to say the better materials generally used in euro and some import cars, help stay off the ethanol corrosive effects. Fuel injection does far better than carb'd vehicles. Which says something about fuel delivery methods having an effect.

From what I've heard some of the newer turbo (subaru) cars are doing fine, running E85. Lowers MPG, but has about 100-105 Octane.

In terms of Anti-Knock, gasoline doesn't have anywhere near the latent heat absorbtion that water/meth does. It's about 6x better than gas and far more cost effective in creasing Octane, while reducing temps. But to a certain extent more Octane is generally better!

Hmmm, that gives me an idea....
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

I only fill at a BP that has 93 in the tanks (however it is 10% ethanol). Another station nearby had 91 non-oxy. Said station also has 100 AV gas. Usuall not much over 5 bucks a gallon. However, it is low lead, which is not good for O2 sensors long term. You'll also get a little white residue on the end of the tailpipes.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I was gonna ask about 100 low lead and if our engines agree with it, found this thread with some digging, so stay away from it? We've got 93 octane 10%E here in Texas and I add an octane boost like STP to it.

Styhl, see if you can find a race track with 100 unleaded, or a specialty fuel place. Where you located again? The track just down the street from Temple has 100 unleaded. Leaded gas will foul the O2's causing many problems, I would stay away from even 100 low-lead myself.

Try the ACES 4 octane booster, many on here like it, and it's made by a reputable company, BND fluids...

Again, won't make much difference unless you're tuned for it. What's your tune situation like?

I'm in Amarillo we have a drag strip and a few dirt ovals. Idk the details on my revo tune it had one when I bought it, and still haven't got a vagcom yet.we have a few vette tune shops I've talked to here about the dragging I'll ask them about gas after I figure out my revo map.

Did we chat about the Revo map before? They generally need work, run lean, because they don't add extra fuel, while adding boost and timing. Luckily our ECU is good at checking itself. What are your plans for checking it, data logging with VAGCOM?

Call the dragstrip, they should have 100 on site...tracks might too.