Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

Just wanting to know if anyone has bought Marc's (10SECS4) Tune? Or does anyone know anything about it? I am a new owner, been an amazing first month. Just getting a new TC, thought it might be a good time to have some more power. Thanks for any info.

Stewart

2003 C5 RS6 Red

Someone one here has one of his tunes...can't remember who tho. We won't sell the tune as far as I know unless you buy the car with it!

That was a few years back when I couldn't dedicate the time and resources needed to support selling my tunes. Things have calmed down at my day job so if people are interested now I'd be happy to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    Someone one here has one of his tunes...can't remember who tho. We won't sell the tune as far as I know unless you buy the car with it!

hey Marc,

Why is it better to change the timing instead of increasing the boost? have you looked at doing both the boost and timing?

The boost is increased considerably over the stock levels. However, I found that the "sweet spot" for pump gas is generally greater timing advance and less boost when compared to say Revo or GIAC. Running more boost actually makes the car slower from all of my findings due to greater timing correction. The stock turbos are just too small and not very efficient at higher boost levels leading to a big drop off in the higher RPMs and a lot of heat. This motor loves timing.

There are other tricks too, some of which I haven't openly discussed on the forum for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    hey Marc,

Why is it better to change the timing instead of increasing the boost? have you looked at doing both the boost and timing?

Happen to have an ECU already tuned that you can core charge me for and send you mine so I don't have to miss two days without my toy?

Does this tune have dyno numbers?
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Sorry but I don't. I had a spare that I sold to a fellow forum enthusiast about a month ago. It's difficult to do anyway since the RS6 comes with an immobilizer from the factory. In order for the immobilizer to remain functional, the second ECU would have to be programmed to your VIN. This can be done with a VAG-COM tool but only if you have the PIN # specific to your car. You might be able to get this from the dealer or I can get it from your original ECU. It's much easier to just send in your original ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    Happen to have an ECU already tuned that you can core charge me for and send you mine so I don't have to miss two days without my toy?

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Rather see data logs as dyno's vary so much. Numbers are nice, but just tough to really know...

Agreed on the boost/timing thing. Since I am able to adjust my Revo, I pulled out some boost, brought up the timing, timing is power. Did this a few years back, then added fuel with other software to make it happy.

When the boost goes up, so do temps, and reduction in air density, and the timing gets yanked quick by the ECU, I've seen it a lot in my logs. 13-14psi might be a sweet spot, not sure on the timing adjust. I also cool the boosted air with a 50/50 water meth mixture, so can get away with a bit more, and will be even better with the Wagner's in a few weeks!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No dyno numbers, only real world 1/4 mile ET and trap speed data from two different RS6s at the dragstrip which I recently posted in another thread here. I think this is far better since different dynos read differently plus there are a lot of ways that tuners can fudge the numbers. Here's an example:

AMS Performance Dyno Parameter Manipulation Overview

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    No dyno numbers, only real world 1/4 mile ET and trap speed data from two different RS6s at the dragstrip which I recently posted in another thread here. I think this is far better since different dynos read differently plus there are a lot of ways that tuners can fudge the numbers.
    Totally Agree. Dyno numbers never really meant anything to me, only good for relative before and after comparisons. 1/4 mile times are what counts and Marks numbers have been extremely Impressive, the best I have every seen ( mid to upper 11's). I would have checked my 1/4 mile times by now but I have no Track close by and my Transmission is still not quite where I want it to be. I have always wanted to obtain his Map but it was not available at the time. Looks like things may have changed now.....
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Mark, what do you charge to retune my ecu if I send it to you? Also it has a Revo tune already installed on it. Is that ok or does it need to be taken off?

Quote Originally Posted by kvicen View Post
    Mark, what do you charge to retune my ecu if I send it to you? Also it has a Revo tune already installed on it. Is that ok or does it need to be taken off?
    i have been trying to reach Mark for over a month ....... i keep trying
    mark?? hello/.....
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Subscribed

I hit you up on Skype this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    i have been trying to reach Mark for over a month ....... i keep trying
    mark?? hello/.....

As long as your ECU has been flashed and not chipped it won't be a problem. Every Revo ECU I've seen has been flashed so you should be good.

I'll send you a PM with the pricing info.

Quote Originally Posted by kvicen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    I hit you up on Skype this morning!
    i know, sorry mate , i just left you another message
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    i know, sorry mate , i just left you another message
    ok just Mark and i just spoke for about 30 mins..thanks Mark!!!!!. i am looking for a stock (un soldered) ecu if anyone finds one please PM me
    thanks again Mate
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS