Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Have the tune.

T.
    wow biggs! did your pen run out of ink?? what a great review! ...do you write for car and Driver?

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by johnnie27; July 11th, 2013 at 10:35. Reason: spelling
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    wow biggs! did your pen run out of ink?? what a great review! ...do you write for car and Driver?

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    There is nothing else for me to add. Marc has well presented the facts in his posts. Irrespective of what you get on paper from a dyno, physical performance always talks. The only two things I can offer above what has been tabled already is that it's fun and you need a decent budget for gas as the car consumes it quicker than a fat kid on a Smartie.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

The only two things I can offer above what has been tabled already is that it's fun and you need a decent budget for gas as the car consumes it quicker than a fat kid on a Smartie.
    Ha, I've happily accepted that, it's certainly about how much you're in boost. With my increased fuel of 10% I suppose my mileage has gone down that much...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

There is nothing else for me to add. Marc has well presented the facts in his posts. Irrespective of what you get on paper from a dyno, physical performance always talks. The only two things I can offer above what has been tabled already is that it's fun and you need a decent budget for gas as the car consumes it quicker than a fat kid on a Smartie.

thats cool biggs (from now on if its ok with you ) i will know you as BP (the quiet achiever)
    i have the apr tune, have had it for years and years...i get amazing mileage on the hwy around 800 klms , but stand on it around 480 klms!! i like the fat kid on a smartie , that's what i was looking for! cheers mate
    johnny boy
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Just to clarify, do you mean the fuel economy is worse because now that it's making so much more power and is so highly addictive, you find yourself going WOT a lot more? Or do you mean even driving it normally it consumes more fuel than a stock RS6? If the latter let me know because if driven normally that tune should actually get ~1 MPG more than stock.

I'm glad to hear you're still enjoying her!

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Just to clarify, do you mean the fuel economy is worse because now that it's making so much more power and is so highly addictive, you find yourself going WOT a lot more? Or do you mean even driving it normally it consumes more fuel than a stock RS6? If the latter let me know because if driven normally that tune should actually get ~1 MPG more than stock.

I'm glad to hear you're still enjoying her!
    Lead foot. Have had other gremlins with sensors and running rich, but as you well state, that has nothing to do with the tune, and merely to do with worn out parts. Punched it yesterday in fact and couldn't see the car behind due to cloud of smoke..... yikes. Sigh. Guess I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend. ha
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down