Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 peice front rotors.....

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Somebody just posted a full brake set for sale....good luck!

Get that fixed asap, sometimes I want more braking than stock.
    Alright, who lives in new york that would want to go check this out for me? Im not sure if I trust humanity enough to send someone $1, 200 and hope they send the parts....
    <2003 RS6-stock avus silver, 102xxx><2003 A4-hit a doe doing 70-totalled>
    <1979 2 door Caprice "Aerocoupe"- My First car>< 1979 2 door Impala><1968 Chevy K20>

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Somebody just posted a full brake set for sale....good luck!

Get that fixed asap, sometimes I want more braking than stock.
    Where are you seeing the 'for sale'?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

nevemind. I see them now.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

From the pictures, the calipers appear to be the HP2 models from the S6 and A6. I was under the impression that putting the RS6 front brake calipers and rotors on the C5 wide bodied cars (S6 and A6 4.2) was plug and play. Therefore, the RS6 could be compatible with the HP2 calipers and rotors from the S6, but you mentioned that there were washers on the caliper mounting hardware???

Maybe someone used the rotors from a narrow body C5 car instead, since the hats of the rotors are taller on the wide bodied C5 cars???

Maybe you've got a set of brakes from a B5 S4 and maybe the carriers for the calipers aren't compatible???
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

There was 3 (standard thickness) washers between the caliper mount and caliper, the calipers (as far as I know) are stock RS6 front calipers. I picked up 2003 S6 rotors this afternoon and calipered them and they appear to be identical. Besides the fact that the rotors that are currently on the car are slotted and the ones I got from oreillys (strictly for measuring purposes) are solid. They seam to be the same, so for the time being im going to order some frozen rotors so I can race next month at powercruise until I figure out what I want to do about getting RS6 parts back on.
    <1979 2 door Caprice "Aerocoupe"- My First car>< 1979 2 door Impala><1968 Chevy K20>

When you measured them, did you check the depth of the "hat"?
    2013 Audi S8

Are you saying your going to put S6 rotors back on the car and then take it to the track or RS6 parts?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

For the time being im going to have to put better S6 rotors and just live with it, I dont want to but my options are limited since I cant find any used calipers (fyi I was wrong, the front calipers are from an S6 also, so the whole brake system is from an S6) new calipers are 900 each for the fronts, havnt priced the rears yet. And yes im going to the track in about 3 weeks, im just going to have to take it easy, its not a race its just an open 3.8 mile road course. car is already registered and payed for, needless to say that was all set and done long before I realized someone messed with the brakes. If anyone has, or knows of someone parting out an RS6 please let me know, it would be greatly appriciated

Of course at this point in time im wondering if I shouldnt just do a C6 RS6 set-up instead. Either way its going to cost a whole lot more than I budgeted for brakes. And either way its not going to get done before powercruise (unless I find a nice c5 rs6 parts car to rip everything off of)

i am curious how the car will behave on the track with the S6 brakes, TBH i don't really think they will do too good, the stock ones struggle with the weight of the car on a track day so i guess the S6 ones will be done pretyy quick, good luck and be careful!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Of course at this point in time im wondering if I shouldnt just do a C6 RS6 set-up instead. Either way its going to cost a whole lot more than I budgeted for brakes. And either way its not going to get done before powercruise (unless I find a nice c5 rs6 parts car to rip everything off of)
    Spendy, plus you need 19's i believe...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I actually just picked up a set of 19's from a friend for $300. 5 spoke OZ rims. The beast needs new tires before powercruise anyway so it was good timing. Has anyone done an C6 swap on here that could give me an idea on cost?

This is a good thread...Dave, you get yours yet?

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/17...e-requirements
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Just wanted to give you guys a little update on the brake conundrum... ordered all new pads and rotors for an 03 S6, Hawk HPS pads and stoptech slotted rotors (great rotors for the price if anyone is curious) from autoanything.com. came to about $520ish total. Everything fit perfectly, however the odd part is (for those that have been fallowing from the beggining) the washers that were previously stacked between the caliper mount and caliper where no longer required, everything lined up perfectly without them. So im still not sure what the hell the old front rotors where off of but oh well. One question though, the hps pads didnt come with sensors so i left the plugs ziptied to the bracket the wires normally connect in and now my brake light is on (pad symbol, not the actual "BRAKE" light), can i just put a jumper in the plug to shut the light off or do i need to pull out the vag-com?. Also picked up a set of hankook V12 tires since I heard a lot of good things about them from this forum, we'll see how all the new goodies hold up on the track. Thanks again for all the helpful info everyone, very much appriciated

i had the same issue with the HPS, because my old sensors were ok i wanted to fit it but i couldn't due to the location of the hole on the pad which interferes with those metal things that come over the pad so i did the zip tie which worked for a while then all of the sudden the warning light came on and i couldn't find a way to shut it off using VCDS...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Just wanted to give you guys a little update on the brake conundrum... ordered all new pads and rotors for an 03 S6, Hawk HPS pads and stoptech slotted rotors (great rotors for the price if anyone is curious) from autoanything.com. came to about $520ish total. Everything fit perfectly, however the odd part is (for those that have been fallowing from the beggining) the washers that were previously stacked between the caliper mount and caliper where no longer required, everything lined up perfectly without them. So im still not sure what the hell the old front rotors where off of but oh well. One question though, the hps pads didnt come with sensors so i left the plugs ziptied to the bracket the wires normally connect in and now my brake light is on (pad symbol, not the actual "BRAKE" light), can i just put a jumper in the plug to shut the light off or do i need to pull out the vag-com?. Also picked up a set of hankook V12 tires since I heard a lot of good things about them from this forum, we'll see how all the new goodies hold up on the track. Thanks again for all the helpful info everyone, very much appriciated

Glad it worked out for you. You've probably tossed out the old pads by now, but if you cut the plugs off them and connect the 2 wires together (shorted them) and then plugged them back into the brake pad sensor lines you would get no brake pad indication. As it stands right now, just somehow short out the lines. There is no way in VAG that I know of to defeat this. I had the V12's there pretty good. I guess you didn't read the posts on the Michelin PSS's though it's the absolute best tire I have ever had and I think that's pretty much Unanimous among all of us. Anyway good luck with the Car...................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Travis,

you have got to post a picture or two on this set up. I am having a tough time imagining what it must look like.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    I guess you didn't read the posts on the Michelin PSS's though it's the absolute best tire I have ever had and I think that's pretty much Unanimous among all of us.
    Michelin PSS = Win!
    'Kooks V12 = Fail! (ya pay for what ya get with these)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared