Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: S6 conversion to RS6

Im going to look at a S6 avant on Monday. Time to get this show on the road

You need another project and you definitely need another Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Im going to look at a S6 avant on Monday. Time to get this show on the road
    Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    You need another project and you definitely need another Audi.
    ..and we all need More Cow Bell- Go Dave!
    210K miles rolled

Papadocs old car was talking to me this week. She wants to get back on the road. I have the tcu coming back and just got the ecu immobilizer defeated thanks to Yokust. Then I see a S6 close by and....well this could be time.

Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nope. Even though the chassis is a C5 also, there are far too many parts that don't match. Biggest one is that it's not a 'wide body' so you could never get the suspension and tires inside the shallower wheel wells. That along with the fact that the 4.2 models for the C5 chassis have aluminum uprights, aluminum fenders & hood, different frame rails, different headlights/front bumper, etc. The list goes on.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

So do the S6 C5's have the same aluminum front end? Every thing forward of the firewall? and wider front and rear wheel arches ?

Same, same

Quote Originally Posted by C300 View Post
    So do the S6 C5's have the same aluminum front end? Every thing forward of the firewall? and wider front and rear wheel arches ?

I was told that the sub frame clip on S6 and A6 were steel. Not aluminum. Also, seems like it would take more than its worth to get all the same part's to copy the RS6. Even the wipers ! Maybe I'm just not informed. Still, a fast and fun can is still a fast and fun car !

Quote Originally Posted by C300 View Post
    I was told that the sub frame clip on S6 and A6 were steel. Not aluminum. Also, seems like it would take more than its worth to get all the same part's to copy the RS6. Even the wipers ! Maybe I'm just not informed. Still, a fast and fun can is still a fast and fun car !
    You take all parts off an RS6 donor, even the wipers, then post the scraps for sale.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You take all parts off an RS6 donor, even the wipers, then post the scraps for sale.
    ....and when you do go to list the hulk for sale, take a few seconds to indicate it's a hulk from a swap effort so that people know that all the RS6 specific parts - except for perhaps the spoiler - are not available. That would have greatly assisted the seller on this listing who is undertaking an RS6 Sedan to an S6 Avant swap, but didn't state such so many believed the RS6 specific parts they want for maintenance or a rainy day might be available - which of course they weren't. lol

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...3-RS6-Part-Out
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

^^^Hehe, that's what I was referring to...can't list the RS6 parts since they've all been plundered.

I sourced both my bumpers and the sideskirts from Germany.

Thus the reason for the (albeit non-op) parktronic sensors on my front bumper.

Benefit of the company having an office there.....

You can buy an S6 and spend more on the RS6 body pieces.

Btw, that rear avant bumper is quite spendy if you get someone in the US to get you a new one and import it.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I finally sucked it up and decided to pull the trigger on a new belly pan and rear mounting brackets.

It's a huge chunk of change on something that I've been going without for such a long time.

Almost a bigger shame to immediately cut holes in it doing the Sportec Gurney flap mod, too, but I did it on my previous RS6 and will most likely do it again but I can't seem to find the link with the cutout template.

Can any one think of any reason why I shouldn't do it?

If the car starts to run hot, I'll be pissed....

PS: Finally getting my legit RS6 Avant rear spoiler painted this week. Then maybe I'll take some pictures.

PPS: My D2 S8 snapped a timing belt on Sunday and I'm in the middle of an autopsy. Passenger side head cam adjuster guides had disintegrated and the chain must have caught and locked up the intake cam. At least that's what I think happened. Leakdown on 3 cylinders on this head were within spec before I jacked up my leakdown fitting on the 4th cylinder. Fingers crossed that I'm only replacing a few valves at worst. At least I know that 9 intake and 6 exhaust are good. Had to leave on a business trip and will get back at it this weekend I guess.

Pics of said D2 S8:

The pass side head is still in time (via the belt) with the crank even though the exhaust cam was totally locked via a broken chain.

I'm thinking that the driver's side head is the one I need to worry about....

BTW, did I mention that I purchased new guides and a timing belt kit a few months ago. Still in the box. I was driving the car to make sure that the slushbox was good before doing the PM stuff.

Yuckeroo...

Well it's the end of an era for now...

I sold the beast to a local enthusiast (via a semi-unsolicited offer) and I'm starting to get a little sad. Hopefully he can take better pictures than me and I can share them one day.

Also, it's for the best as I had some many other things I would have liked to do to it that kept it always 'unfinished' in my eyes even though it's probably the most well sorted 6MT as well as Avant conversion out there. Nothing was spared primarily on the things that couldn't be seen.

Last picture taken was of the modification I did to the climate control unit. I replaced the worn tacky buttons with the pre-tacky ones. The results surprised me, as I thought that it's would be negatively noticeable.

Not bad, however.