Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tune and exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    where are you located DRE?
    I live in watertown, ct

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    What Mr Hall said. Plus I have a complete Milltek system on my car and love it. PM me for prices and other options like, tip color, resonators, etc.
    Hey kevin you have any vids of your Milltek in action? Would love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You're new to this game eh? So, catless pipes opens up exhaust flow, turbos spool better, bit more power. You don't have to remove engine, but certainly move it some, and it can be nasty where the DP's bolt up, tough. I ran high flow cat's on my old wrx, not sure I like the extra emissions from removing the cats, plus you have to get the o2 sensor coded out with a custom tune. Are your exhaust tips silver or black? The black is SE which is a factory upgrade.

I thought I've heard good stuff about EC tuning...

As far as power mods, I really like the water meth, allows to run a bit higher tune for more power, and helps to cool in general.
    Ive got the black tip exhaust tips. I didnt know those were a factory upgrade. Why do you ask about the tips? Some kind of performance upgrade? Or just for looks?

Special Edition, Sound Enhanced, something like that. More flow, I think, and better sound than silver sets. Perfect sound for me, but I was considering gutted DP's for the power gain and quicker turbo spool. Didn't want to deal with getting my tune changed to emit the O2 sensor.

Speaking of power, take a close look at your trans fluids. Not sure of your miles, but extra power can really finish off your trans. On my list of power upgrades...new trans and TC.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by dre View Post
    I live in watertown, ct
    Shop is in IL

Special Edition, Sound Enhanced, something like that. More flow, I think, and better sound than silver sets. Perfect sound for me, but I was considering gutted DP's for the power gain and quicker turbo spool. Didn't want to deal with getting my tune changed to emit the O2 sensor.

Speaking of power, take a close look at your trans fluids. Not sure of your miles, but extra power can really finish off your trans. On my list of power upgrades...new trans and TC.
    I have a little bit over 95k on the clock right now. Trans still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    Shop is in IL
    Whats the name of the shop? Contact info?

Whats the name of the shop? Contact info?
    I can PM you his info, but he does CUSTOM work, he wouldn't be able to replicate mine or anyone else's exhaust

I live in watertown, ct
    Hey neighbor...
    I have the sound enhancing exhaust, with complete catless downpipes (still have resonators and mufflers though) Sounds perfect to me. not too loud, but throaty when you get on it. NO drone...
    Last edited by ttboost; May 1st, 2013 at 19:53.
    2013 Audi S8

I have the LaBree downpipes and Milltek the rest of the way. I feel that this is the best as LaBree has the best Torque curve from what I have seen. Yes they are catless and Milltek has options for either way for the Catback portion. I have the MTM tune for the ECU and TCU and am looking at the ECU tune from Dahlback but it would need to have the upgraded turbos, intercoolers and head gaskets as well. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Strong words to say Eurocharge tune is crap. Problems with customer service may be one thing but the actual tune is top notch. I have the data logs to show Eurocharge as one of the good tunes. .

I ran over a full second faster in the 1/4 mile on the same gas and same temp at the track with Viper compared to euro charge, viper also has left foot braking. I know lots of people love Jerry and his tune, I'm just not one of them. Just my 2 pennies.

If it is Apples to Apples then yes I would be happier in your case with the Viper tune, maybe Jerry, not knowing all of your mods was a little more conservative with Boost or Timing. Did you do data logs to compare them? I started with the Revo and modified it with Lemmiwinks/Unisettings to richen the curve up a little but when I went Catless and removed my SAI system I needed both coded out and went with Eurocharged, it was a bit of a toss up between EC & Viper but EC being stateside with the increased chance of International shipping nightmares (see the Unit 20 Group buy) I went with EC. Now I did get Jerry's tune and data logged it, asked for more boost which he supplied another tune, then asked for more and he supplied it, a little bit of grumbling on the 3rd but he did it. Now I can upload any one of the 3 tunes with the MyGenius and have no codes so I am happy with EC.
    P.S. I also did a tune for my Cayenne Turbo S at the same time (520bhp SUV isn't enough) and they gave me a discount on both tunes to Ice the Cake.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    If it is Apples to Apples then yes I would be happier in your case with the Viper tune, maybe Jerry, not knowing all of your mods was a little more conservative with Boost or Timing. Did you do data logs to compare them? I started with the Revo and modified it with Lemmiwinks/Unisettings to richen the curve up a little but when I went Catless and removed my SAI system I needed both coded out and went with Eurocharged, it was a bit of a toss up between EC & Viper but EC being stateside with the increased chance of International shipping nightmares (see the Unit 20 Group buy) I went with EC. Now I did get Jerry's tune and data logged it, asked for more boost which he supplied another tune, then asked for more and he supplied it, a little bit of grumbling on the 3rd but he did it. Now I can upload any one of the 3 tunes with the MyGenius and have no codes so I am happy with EC.
    P.S. I also did a tune for my Cayenne Turbo S at the same time (520bhp SUV isn't enough) and they gave me a discount on both tunes to Ice the Cake.

No mods, bone stock, I bought the car from a guy named Jerry who knew the euro charge Jerry and was the 3rd rs6 to ever get the tune. None the less I'm not trying to bad mouth them besides the customer service run around I got. Btw: cayenne turbo s's are bada$$!

Its good you provided some additional information. The first post was indeed bad mouthing Eurocharge when you simply say the tune is crap without any additonal documentation.

Drag times will differ greatly with the simple addition of left foot braking.
    Not apples to apples.

Early Eurocharged tunes were suspect. Many on this forum provided lots of time and energy to correct and improve the Eurocharge tune to where it is today. Myself included. Eurocharged RS6 tunes are safe and well documented with plenty of room to add power. Its too bad they could not have gotten you a newer flash.

That said, Viper tunes are excellent but across the pond as others have stated.

Glad to hear your car is running well. Post up some drag times.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    No mods, bone stock, I bought the car from a guy named Jerry who knew the euro charge Jerry and was the 3rd rs6 to ever get the tune. None the less I'm not trying to bad mouth them besides the customer service run around I got. Btw: cayenne turbo s's are bada$$!

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Hey neighbor...
    I have the sound enhancing exhaust, with complete catless downpipes (still have resonators and mufflers though) Sounds perfect to me. not too loud, but throaty when you get on it. NO drone...
    Maybe we can meet up sometime? I`d like to hear your car and meet another RS6 owner. I haven't seen any around where I live. Monroe isnt too far of a drive for me. Let me know.

You're new to this game eh? So, catless pipes opens up exhaust flow, turbos spool better, bit more power. You don't have to remove engine, but certainly move it some, and it can be nasty where the DP's bolt up, tough. I ran high flow cat's on my old wrx, not sure I like the extra emissions from removing the cats, plus you have to get the o2 sensor coded out with a custom tune. Are your exhaust tips silver or black? The black is SE which is a factory upgrade.

I thought I've heard good stuff about EC tuning...

As far as power mods, I really like the water meth, allows to run a bit higher tune for more power, and helps to cool in general.
    Ive been looking around and who would you recommend for a water meth kit (if there are even kits for our cars) for our cars? I`m going to be getting the car tuned and would like to be able to run a higher tune on the car. Did you use water meth on yours?

Yep, I went with the DevilsOwn company, basic but good quality I believe. Applying water meth to our cars is very similar principal to applying to any boosted car. I plugged in two D05 nozzles (recommended spray amount at full for 4.2L V8) into each side of the y-pipe air intake, after the IC's. Biggest benefit has been ability to keep power on hot days, and some overall cooling, safer running higher boost.

There's Aquamist and Snow also, both good I've heard, just a bit nicer/spendier.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...ng!?highlight=
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com