Thread: Need to replace ECU

Need to replace ECU

Hi folks - anyone know a good source for a used ECU? Mine is throwing a checksum error about once a month, and the boost shuts down. Just a regular old V8 at that point, and not so much fun!

Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after a short wait clears the CEL, and then the boost is back. Kind of a pain.....

Thanks for any help!
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.

Not sure if this was discussed before but have you suspected the custom tune to be the fault? I've heard of Solo in the A4 world but never in working with RS6's or even S4's. Can you reflash it to stock or did they install a chip?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

i got a checksum error som time ago, think it was nr 16985.abt tune seem to have these issues alot after time. got it fixed for free at Viper Tuning by setting it back to standard. no troubles since and a great guy to deal with
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG. View Post
    Hi folks - anyone know a good source for a used ECU? Mine is throwing a checksum error about once a month, and the boost shuts down. Just a regular old V8 at that point, and not so much fun!

Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after a short wait clears the CEL, and then the boost is back. Kind of a pain.....

Thanks for any help!
    Do you have a custom tune? Maybe you can do a re-flash with the stock tune again to see if the error goes away.

Maybe the flash needs to be checksummed again?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I do have a custom tune, and one of the chips appears to be the problem. I have a lot of confidence in Solo Motorsports for my RS6; they have RS4's, lot's of other Audi's, BMW's and Porche's in the shop. The problem mimics what was occurring with boost leak before I switched to the Venair hoses - CEL comes on, boost shuts down.

Any ideas where to get another ECU?
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.