Thread: RS 6 turbo upgrade ?

RS 6 turbo upgrade ?

Hello Everyone:
    Since I am really getting into my RS now, have tons of questions. I had my first post yesterday about my RS since 2011, almost positive the turbos are still original based on info I have gathered. It runs awesome but at some point will need new turbos, hopefully later than sooner. I read that forum member "Lswing" has Scroll turbos, after a quick search found for about $ 1300 they would rebuild mine? Not too mechanically inclined and need a good, reasonable RS mechanic around Los Angeles area. What benefits would the Scroll turbos be versus the stock units? About how many hours of labor does the change out entail and what other mods would you recommend done at same time. I have the mid cats removed (previous owner) with Lambo Sprint mufflers. Everything else is stock. Thanks again

Yep, they've been working good! For $1100 you can have rebuilt just like stock. $1300 he increases the oil flow to the impeller shaft, helps longevity, performance a touch as it helps cool. $2000 you can get enlarged internals for more boost, he has to do some cutting. I opted for the $1300 option.

We had the engine out already, so maybe 4-5 hours to swap the turbos? My turbos were in great shape at 89k, just a little wobble, not much oil loss, sure they would last a while. Why are the turbos going bad?

There are lists on here about the 10-20 things you could do with engine out...figure 2-3k in labor for that alone.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks Lswing:
    The car runs awesome, not sure if code comes on or what the symptoms are if Turbos are going bad (besides loss of power). As of now, appears everything is fine, just posted the turbo question due to some members were stating good for about 150 K, mine has 125K. Car has always been fanatically taken care of but just inquiring what I can expect down the road. Thanks again !

I have 170k miles on my car, no problems yet w turbos. But when I pull it apart here soon, I will be able to better inspect it. There is a great shop in Long Beach (Raven MS), or if you are in OC, I have a shop in Huntington Beach.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Weird, when I called scroll they were only doing the stock turbo and no upgrades about 2 months ago. I therefore looked into Loba and they are 1975 Euros to upgrade to the Loba650 and 2 weeks time (that they have them).

Thanks Guys ! Brav, I just called Raven Motorsports and spoke to Ricardo for about 20 minutes, awesome guy ! I am going to take him my car for oil change and check out my car. Tried calling Audi and as usual would not give me any info on my car. Told me the records are confidential and only the registered owner at time of service can access them ! Explained that I want to find out what my car needs etc to bring it up to current maintenance if it is not already. But this did not help sway dealership for any help. Really sucks but moving forward will most likely have timing belt done to be safe. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chasgreyrs6 View Post
    Thanks Guys ! Brav, I just called Raven Motorsports and spoke to Ricardo for about 20 minutes, awesome guy ! I am going to take him my car for oil change and check out my car. Tried calling Audi and as usual would not give me any info on my car. Told me the records are confidential and only the registered owner at time of service can access them ! Explained that I want to find out what my car needs etc to bring it up to current maintenance if it is not already. But this did not help sway dealership for any help. Really sucks but moving forward will most likely have timing belt done to be safe. Thanks
    Ricarrdo is a great guy!
    Try another dealership and tell them that you don't want the personal information of the prior owner, only desire the service records in summary form for the VIN.

and if that doesnt work -> 1-866-892-2834 = Flagship desk
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Thanks Ben:
    Spoke to a nice guy at the flagship desk just now, he stated only the selling dealer can provide info I need and we already know what they said. Never had a brand that was this difficult to find info on a car. Looks like I have hit the end of the road. LOL Thanks again everyone.

That's crap. When I bought my car, I walked into the first dealer I drove by and they told me everything I wanted to know about my car. All they needed was the VIN.
    2013 Audi S8

Try calling other Audi dealers, anywhere in the country.

Just called another Audi dealer in Los Angeles and service writer typed in last 9 numbers of my VIN, no records found. He also told me dealers are not linked together for service records. I would have to deal with dealership who worked on car. Frickin crazy stuff here. Since I now know what has been replaced under extended warranty, can get by if I can obtain info on last timing belt service. Thanks

Just called another Audi dealer in Los Angeles and service writer typed in last 9 numbers of my VIN, no records found. He also told me dealers are not linked together for service records. I would have to deal with dealership who worked on car. Frickin crazy stuff here. Since I now know what has been replaced under extended warranty, can get by if I can obtain info on last timing belt service. Thanks
    This is such horse$hit! How in the hell is a customer suppose to verify records?!?!?
    I bet if the dealership owned the car, they would "magically" have all the necessary records...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

For So Cal RS6 work. Pacific Audi in Torrance has a mechanic (Mark) that knows his stuff around RS6 - you have to deal with dealership prices, but they give you a loaner car if that is important. Good for OEM stuff

I am going to try out Raven Motorsports in Long Beach, Ricardo seems like a knowledgeable and really nice guy. Thanks for the recommendation s42ski.

Oh, I finally obtained every record dating back to 11,521 miles from same Audi dealer. I asked for the service manager and he somehow was able to find every record in his computer system. LOL Anyways, car has been maintained to the tee and really pleased with all the new parts that were installed, DRC (2x) last time at 113 K, alternator 83 K, rear differential at 56 K, Trans and TC at 99,752 and various smaller items and timing belt services were at 35, 70, 99, and car now has 125 K. Thanks

I am going to try out Raven Motorsports in Long Beach, Ricardo seems like a knowledgeable and really nice guy. Thanks for the recommendation s42ski.
    You are in good hands.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."