Thread: Brand new to the RS6 community!

Brand new to the RS6 community!

Hi, I'm new to the RS6 community. I recently purchased a 2003 RS6 in Schweinfurt Germany but I'm from the states so it's American Spec. I've had two questions that I haven't been able to find alot of information on.

1. My check engine light came on and it seems to be the Gas temperature sensor fault? G236 I believe. Looks like I'm going to have to get it replaced and I understand that you have to remove the engine in order to do it. Around how much is this going to cost. A couple of the garages I've been to are trying to pull wool over my eyes and won't give me a price range. Any help on the subject matter would be great.

2. How do these cars do with a more sporty tune. From what I read they push 8 PSI a piece stock? I'm looking to get it tuned to crank out a few more horse power and to make sure the turbos are doing well considering the previous owner used it only as a weekend car or road trips and was much older, I doubt he really go the turbos spooling. Any Idea the average cost for tuning these cars are? Thanks! I'll post pics soon!

1. i guess you're referring to the EGT, exhaust gas temperature sensor, then according to the book the engine must be dropped in order replace them, however it can be done without, some of the forum members here have done it, use the search feature on the forum and you'll find the thread/s!
    2. since you're in Germany i guess you have quite a few good options in choosing a good tuner for the car, you could try ABT, Revo, MTM, just to name a few, but don't forget that the gearbox is already on the edge even with stock power so do a healthy check on the gearbox and if all checks out ok i would change the oil and filter and then do the tune! I have the ABT tune which pushes the car to a conservative 505hp and 630NM, unlike MTM which pushed it to 535hp and well over 700NM!

you must post some pictures! Good luck with your Beast and welcome to this great community, is the best!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

EGT can be a 3hr job for those that know how to fish that wire. See the forum post from Tozo

In europe I would go Viper. No question about it. ECU and TCU

Quote Originally Posted by Greyyork View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the RS6 community. I recently purchased a 2003 RS6 in Schweinfurt Germany but I'm from the states so it's American Spec. I've had two questions that I haven't been able to find alot of information on.

1. My check engine light came on and it seems to be the Gas temperature sensor fault? G236 I believe. Looks like I'm going to have to get it replaced and I understand that you have to remove the engine in order to do it. Around how much is this going to cost. A couple of the garages I've been to are trying to pull wool over my eyes and won't give me a price range. Any help on the subject matter would be great.

2. How do these cars do with a more sporty tune. From what I read they push 8 PSI a piece stock? I'm looking to get it tuned to crank out a few more horse power and to make sure the turbos are doing well considering the previous owner used it only as a weekend car or road trips and was much older, I doubt he really go the turbos spooling. Any Idea the average cost for tuning these cars are? Thanks! I'll post pics soon!

Thanks for the quick responses and the help!

Hi Grey and welcome to my forum. Enjoy and don't forget to post Pictures. !
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Ship it to MRCtuning in the UK and get it "Lobo"-ed before you get back to the states.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared