Thread: Audi Romeo..?

Audi Romeo..?

Has anyone else herd the news that Audi is in talks with Fiat for the possible purchase of Alfa Romeo? It would be interesting, at least to me as I used to have Alfas and they were great, well with good maintaining and occasional engine overhauls that were easy. As one report was stating...It would provide the middle ground that VW is seeking between thier mark and the upper scale cars... Yeah cause between Porsche, Audi and Lamborghini that isn't sufficent.

Thoughts?

I think this is good, there is (IMO) a significant gap between VW and Audi. Besides Alfas could gain the one thing that kept them from being truly great cars: reliability! The only way I would have a problem with this acquisition is if the design drops off which could happen if VW were to take control. However letting Audi "own" Alfa like the do with Lamborghini and Ducati would likely keep the design quality up! Audi has done (mostly) great things with Lamborghini and I would love to see what they do with Alfa!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I appreciate the thoughtful response and I do agree that this would be a good move fo both audi and alfa. Funny thing is that I was looking at either a 67 or 69 gtv body and placing in it a 2 liter audi motor.

Italy n°1 about design, no doubt

it will happen in the future but not at the moment

quattroruote (most important italian magazine, with connections with Fiat group) denied

http://www.quattroruote.it/notizie/i...ative-in-corso

a more inside consideration about market's speculation from the quattoruote's director

http://viamazzocchi.quattroruote.it/...egistra-tutto/

Italia n°1 about design, no doubt

it will happen in the future but not at the moment

quattroruote (most important italian magazine, with connections with Fiat group) denied

http://www.quattroruote.it/notizie/i...ative-in-corso

a more inside consideration about market's speculation from the quattoruote's director

http://viamazzocchi.quattroruote.it/...egistra-tutto/

or in broken english....."From this morning circulating on online media and social networks the news that Sergio Marchionne, CEO of the Fiat Group, and Rupert Stadler, the Audi number one, they would start negotiations for the sale of Alfa Romeo to the German House". A spreading rumors is the site wardsauto.com, citing "reliable sources" in Turin and Ingolstadt.

Alpha and Pomigliano. According to the U.S. site, on the plate there would be only the House of Alfa, but also the establishment GB Vico Pomigliano d'Arco, which is currently in production on the Fiat Panda. At the heart of the negotiations, the article states, however, could enter the Magneti Marelli, a sale intended to raise the funds necessary to complete the acquisition of the Chrysler Group.

Hmmm, sounds like the courtship with Chrysler and other makes. I guess we will have to see.

Would be only conjecture. Sources in the Fiat we surveyed stigmatize the rumors as "baseless speculation". The same wardsauto.com also contains statements of Richard Gadeselli (Fiat), "do not comment on rumors speculative", and Jurgen De Graeve (Audi), "There is no substance in the news."

"The Alfa is not for sale." The rumors of a possible entry into the orbit of the Alfa Romeo Volkswagen Group chasing for some time. Marchionne, however, has repeatedly said - with strong determination, however - that Alfa Romeo is not for sale. More so at a time like this, after the submission of the final version of the 4C sports and two cars on the launch pad, such as the future of 169 basis Maserati Ghibli (hence rear-wheel drive) and the new Giulia. C.D.G.