Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for rs6, bad first time experience

If you didn't buy a warranty (from Audi) I suggest buying one. Price is negotiable, although you may have to play one dealer off of another to get the price down. Warranty is nice piece of mind with this car.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrs6 View Post
    Hey man welcome to the forum and your right, this is a GREAT forum. I just bought my first RS6, this past Monday from a Autohaus BMW in St. Louis. So far everything checks out with the car although I wish I had a vagcom to check for codes before I bought it. I think I had a pretty good salesman who seemed to be pretty honest about everything that he knew about the car, but you never know. This was an Audi dealership!?? Damn, if you can't trust them who can you trust. Lol. Don't worry, take your time and you'll find the right one. I looked for almost a year myself before I bought mine.

Hey man welcome to the forum and your right, this is a GREAT forum. I just bought my first RS6, this past Monday from a Autohaus BMW in St. Louis. So far everything checks out with the car although I wish I had a vagcom to check for codes before I bought it. I think I had a pretty good salesman who seemed to be pretty honest about everything that he knew about the car, but you never know. This was an Audi dealership!?? Damn, if you can't trust them who can you trust. Lol. Don't worry, take your time and you'll find the right one. I looked for almost a year myself before I bought mine.
    Just curious, why did your search take a year? What were you looking for that you couldn't find sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Just curious, why did your search take a year? What were you looking for that you couldn't find sooner?
    Took a year for me to find one too...I couldn't find a Mugello/Ebony, with reasonable miles, in good condition, for the life of me...patience paid off...got a one owner example.....
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Took a year for me to find one too...I couldn't find a Mugello/Ebony, with reasonable miles, in good condition, for the life of me...patience paid off...got a one owner example.....
    took me 2 months. Though I never take long to pick cars. I got a low mileage one with good mods, and every receipt from new!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Well for me personally, I was looking for an RS6 in the mid $20k. 60-100k mileage, 1-2 owner but most importantly, I wanted one that had most (if not all) the receipts. You definitely want to know WHAT has been done to this car and WHAT needs to be done to it. You'll find the right one and when you do, you'll know it!
    Oh wait, that sounds dating advice!! LOL

Right now there are 49 RS6s on Auto Trader (U.S Version), not sure how many on the Canadian Auto Trader and 10 listed on Ebay.

Thinking about selling mine

Right now there are 49 RS6s on Auto Trader (U.S Version), not sure how many on the Canadian Auto Trader and 10 listed on Ebay.
    2004 model year. About 49,000 kilometers (30,400 miles) on it. Never winter driven. I have all service receipts. 2nd owner, but have owned it since 6000 kilometers were on the car.

In mint condition.

Mine is listed on autotrader..\\
    Its at Benz and Beemers in Costa Mesa..

Vin 905739..

If you see this RS6, take the detour and follow the mountain road as far away from it as you can get..
    Last edited by Hy Octane; February 17th, 2013 at 19:18.

I have one for sale but don't know where to list it on this sight. Can't find a classified section. It's an Avus silver 35k mile car. Original owner, never tracked, no mods, never a dent. Always serviced at the dealer with all records. Lots of pics to send and the history in detail. New Blizzaks on aftermarket wheels. Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryRS6 View Post
    I have one for sale but don't know where to list it on this sight. Can't find a classified section. It's an Avus silver 35k mile car. Original owner, never tracked, no mods, never a dent. Always serviced at the dealer with all records. Lots of pics to send and the history in detail. New Blizzaks on aftermarket wheels. Anyone interested?
    Wow!... This car sounds like quite the example. Most sellers simply thro the specifics right here.

Location?
    Price?

Good Luck!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

62k miles. Avus silver. Service records from new and transferrable 2 year bumper to bumper warranty (legit transferrable, unlike some other posts). I'm at $26500 FIRM. Car has new tires and tons of other new parts. No paint. No ECU or trans flashes.
    2003 RS6 bone stock (for now)
    2009 CL63
    1988 944 Turbo

I shopped around when I was looking for my RS6 which I recently purchased.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...739685930.html

I drove this one. It seemed pretty decent at a reasonable price (now $17k - even lower than when I looked). Seller seemed honest. It needs a few things- battery (it has been sitting and needed a jump), a few rattles(prob fixable), 96k miles (higher than I wanted), tires decent, timing belt reportedly done (I did not review records), recent brakes, 2nd owner (he's had it a long time as DD- since 30k?, he bought on eBay), ebony/black interior, hot weather package, no trans issues that I noticed (not an expert, however).

No interest in this just passing it along.
    '03 RS6 | Avus Silver Pearl | Black + CF interior | SE Exhaust | 64k miles and counting

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryRS6 View Post
    Pmed you

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I shopped around when I was looking for my RS6 which I recently purchased.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...739685930.html

I drove this one. It seemed pretty decent at a reasonable price (now $17k - even lower than when I looked). Seller seemed honest. It needs a few things- battery (it has been sitting and needed a jump), a few rattles(prob fixable), 96k miles (higher than I wanted), tires decent, timing belt reportedly done (I did not review records), recent brakes, 2nd owner (he's had it a long time as DD- since 30k?, he bought on eBay), ebony/black interior, hot weather package, no trans issues that I noticed (not an expert, however).

No interest in this just passing it along.

Whats the "parking assist". Is that just the back up sensor?? It makes it sound like the self parking stuff.
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

I think the "park assist" is the Parktronic, which is just the bumper sensors.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloChad View Post
    62k miles. Avus silver. Service records from new and transferrable 2 year bumper to bumper warranty (legit transferrable, unlike some other posts). I'm at $26500 FIRM. Car has new tires and tons of other new parts. No paint. No ECU or trans flashes.
    Pmed you. Does your price inlude the warranty?