Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife took the RS 6 to work (sob...someone hold me ;-) )

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    As far as the Continental tyre issue is concerned, the Continenental Sport Conti 2 is head and shoulders better than any other street tyre for the RS6 in the 19 inch size
    You know, I've always liked the Conti SportContact tyres and that's what I used to have on the A4 and A6. I had Dunlop SP9000s on the S8 because they were easier to find in the right size in the UK, but on the RS 6 I'm back with Contis, this time the SportContact 2 and I think they're just spot-on for mixed road driving.

The RS 6 came with Pirelli P Zeros, and I thought they were a good grippy tyre when the road was warm and dry, but IMHO they were slipperier than a bag full of greased eels when driven on a wet, cold, poor quality road surface (of which Britain has plenty).

I've been out on wet roads in temperatures as low as freezing point (not counting wind-chill) and I've not found any problem with the CSC2, and they wear better than the P Zeros did, so that's a double plus in my books.

I think iconcls was having issues with the Conti ExtremeContact, which I don't think is sold in all markets (it certainly doesn't appear to be sold in the UK). Having never driven on them (as they don't sell them here), I couldn't comment on them apart from to say that all Contis shouldn't be discounted as a result of a bad experience with the ExtremeContact tyres.
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

But since I took possession of the RS 6 I find myself protective of the car and worry when it's under someone else's stewardship. UGH, I don't like that feeling, it's not me, but I can't seem to help it.
    Iconcls - to let you know you are not alone the following:
    3 weeks after I got my RS6, I let my husband drive us to his h.s. reunion. First red light, he hesitates making a right and SMACK, we get knocked from behind. I fly out of the passenger seat before the car even stops to check the back. We got hit by 4 guys in a beat up toyota who looked terrified by the sight of an enraged woman in heels flying out at them. Fortunately, just a slight scratch, they apologized and got sent on their way.
    My reaction scared me - ITS JUST A CAR.

BTW, Nord, as a member of the fairer sex, I took no insult from the first post .

btumble