Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone selling their coilovers?

^^ Agreed, these cars are not for the Ecomony minded. If you need to buy a set of used coilovers, then sell the car Imediately because there is no cheap way out with this car. It is better to do it right the first time and be done away with it. I run H&R Coilovers because they are relatively cheap in comparison to KW's and Provide what I consider to be a very good ride and handling characteristics. You'll find most Europeans use H&R coilover setups and that's good enough for me. If you want adjustability then go with the KW's but you will pay for them. Just my 1 cent..........................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Thanjs guys
    I'm not trying to buy cheap coilover set, but at the same time I don't think kw v3s is what I need.
    I wanted to see if someone was parting out their car and had a good set for sale.

H&R is something I'm highly considering.
    Elevens, could you please post pics of your car?

the ST coilovers kit is now on the car, as first impression i really like it! The ride is comfortable, just as with the DRC but still does very well when cornering! Compared to KW V3 that my friend has on its RS6, these might seem soft, but depends on what you want! With the KW V3 i find the ride too hard and stiff, i feel every little bump on the road and it shakes pretty well when you hit a bigger bump or pothole, TBH i wouldn't want that on my daily ride! if you don't track the car i don't really see the point on paying the extra money for features you will probably never use, setting the compression and rebound rate on the KW V3 or any other similar kit is not easy and once you find a good compromise i can bet you won't touch it again, this was the main reason i didn't go for it!

you can read more about H&R on rs246.com, the UK site for RS's, i did and it seems that some complained that the ride is very stiff, i was also considering the H&R but after reading a bit didn't want it anymore! There is also FK which has a specific coilovers for RS6 for a similar price of the ST.

what really made me buy the ST was the backup they have from KW, being manufactured in Germany by KW, otherwise i wouldn't have probably went for it!

Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    Thanjs guys
    I'm not trying to buy cheap coilover set, but at the same time I don't think kw v3s is what I need.
    I wanted to see if someone was parting out their car and had a good set for sale.

H&R is something I'm highly considering.
    Elevens, could you please post pics of your car?

Here's a couple of photo's audiprotn. Handling is nothing short of Superb with a very acceptable Ride. Remember this goes along with the Hotchkiss sway bars and Michelin PSS tires, which I have found to be an unbeatable combination.

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

looks great Elevens , the sway bars do make a big difference, i intend to have it installed as well soon! Do you run any spacers with these rims?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Both cars look great, thanks for posting.

Seems like http://shop.achtuning.com/hr-29482-2...n-quattro.aspx got the best price
    Last edited by audiprotn; March 12th, 2013 at 22:05.

Ok, so the right part number for H&R is 29482.2?

Did you need any additional rear strut mounts?

I am selling what is essentially a brand new set of Bilstein PSS-9's. Rebuilt by Bilstein (were already in good condition before rebuild), still in the box since getting them back, as I sold the car while they were in CA. 1500 plus shipping. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Andrew
    03 Audi RS6
    99 Porsche 996 Carrera
    01 Audi S4 Casa Avant
    95 Audi S6 Avant SOLD
    95 Audi S6 rs2'd SOLD
    01 A6 2.7T SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Thing 1 on the right has H&R's that I love, Thing 2 on the left has the coilovers that are.....meh.

Way off topic, but is that a border collie I see lurking in the background?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Anyone could confirm on the right part number?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnc View Post
    i am selling what is essentially a brand new set of bilstein pss-9's. Rebuilt by bilstein (were already in good condition before rebuild), still in the box since getting them back, as i sold the car while they were in ca. 1500 plus shipping. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Andrew
    ygm........
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ok, so the right part number for H&R is 29482.2?

Did you need any additional rear strut mounts?

By looking at picture I took at the time of installation, that appears to be the correct front spring number. The entire Coilover kit number appears to be F46-1001-1/1 or this may be just the Shock number that goes with the kit, I don't know. You reuse the Original rear strut mounts. You could buy a new set but mine were OK........

Alright, coilovers have been installed.
    My drc was working fine prior to that.
    With coilovers in, almost every bump there is a feeling of front suspension being separated from the rear.
    Alignment is off, but not as bad as it was after control arms/ tie rod installation.
    Feels like its happening more on the right side, car is pulling to the right as well.
    Any suggestions?

What coilover plg was installed.

What do you mean by front apart from rear.

How were shocks setup

Ride height currently

???

Alright, coilovers have been installed.
    My drc was working fine prior to that.
    With coilovers in, almost every bump there is a feeling of front suspension being separated from the rear.
    Alignment is off, but not as bad as it was after control arms/ tie rod installation.
    Feels like its happening more on the right side, car is pulling to the right as well.
    Any suggestions?

I second what Dhall1 said. What did you finally install and who installed them? The H&R's you were looking at were for a regular C5 A6 which is weighted differently than the RS6 so the springs at the least would be off a bit and if H&R did a real custom job the valving could be a bit different.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

What exactly is the coilover plug?
    I've got H&R, they are only height adjustable.
    I would say 25 1/4 front and 25 1/2 rear.
    After driving for an hour, seems like it happens only in the rear, passenger side. Feels like the wheel is actually moving around. Driving on flat surface is just fine, no shaking/vibration whatsoever.
    Could that be caused by not tightening up enough lower subframe?

hahnmgh63,
    H&R for a6. The same part number that everyone else running on their rs6s.
    My friend ( another rs6 owner) basically did the installation himself.

Set the Ride height to your liking then get it Aligned Imediately. Only after that point can you begin to critique the system. Also I hope all suspension components were tightened under load as this will adversely affect the balance of the car and cause premature bushing wear if not done..................