Thread: TC slipping/weird shifting - no more

TC slipping/weird shifting - no more

Went for a fuel rollover valve recall a couple days ago. Picked the car up, everything was fine (didn't drive hard).
    The next day, on my way home, i noticed that weird gear changing, when it would put me into 5th while going 35mph. I floored it and TC was slipping.

Parked it, didn't drive for a couple of days. Then decided to take it for a spin, ended up driving for 1.5 hrs, transmission was still shifting weird.

The next day made an appointment with Tozo (good thing I'm 15 min away from him )

Today decided to drive it really hard (rebuilt tranny, who cares), and it WAS NOT slipping (tried every gear, D, tiptronic). And it seemed to be shifting just fine.
    Got a chance to scan the car and it got 0 codes.

Called Tozo for an advice, he said there is no point of replacing it now, since there are no codes.
    I felt bad since he already ordered the parts, asked him if i could pay for them and keep them for the future, he REFUSED to.
    Said someone is going to need them soon anyways.

He also said it could somehow be relevant to my recent Audi visit and them resetting the ECU.
    So hopefully i can drive it for another 10-20K miles.

P.S. Tozo is the man

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post

Called Tozo for an advice, he said there is no point of replacing it now, since there are no codes.

P.S. Tozo is the man
    +++++111222

Good story, outcome, and...... kudos to Tozo (again)!
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    P.S. Tozo is the man

^^^ He sure is !
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon