Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest price on OEM rotors right now

Cheapest price on OEM rotors right now

Thought I'd post this separate since I kinda buried it in another thread.

Just found this site:

http://Www.germanautoparts.com

fronts are 325.41 and rears are 332.50, curiously enough...

oh, and free shipping over $200.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

And no, i do not make a dime off this
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

After seeing your other post Josh- I ordered them on Monday and the brown truck dropped this off this evening...I'm putting them on the back shelf inventory for when da time comes..

Here is what they look like

210K miles rolled

wow i was going to switch back to OEM from my coleman racing 2 peice brakes since prices had dropped so much... but now that they are back up there... i may as well re use my coleman hats and just purchase a new set of rings for $190.

Well that's interesting. Different drill pattern, more holes, arrow pattern. These are zimmermans. I wonder which is better? I want to call them up and see why they send oe style instead of oem rotors with that pn.

dont forget to FREEZE them
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Max, those look like rears, am I right? Interesting that they're zimmerman's.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

^Yep- Rears

I didn't relaize they would be zimmers and have no experience with them. It will probably be a while b4 I put them on- I wanted a spare set to keep on hand as my current ones are relatively new and in good shape.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    dont forget to FREEZE them
    I left my freeze ray on the transporter that dropped me off on this planet....
    210K miles rolled

German Auto Parts responded to my inquiry. They responded promptly and offered to accept a return if requested. I appreciate their prompt response.

I will give the Zimmers a shot. They seem to have a very good reputation from my very limited research.

German Auto Parts responded to the OEM issue in part with the following:

I guess for clarification, when we state "OriginalEquipment" we are referring to a OEM for Audi Vw, and not
    what we deem "Genuine" which is a rotor directly from a Audi/Vw.

With a OEM part there is a noticeable difference in price since we purchase these direct from the manufacturer
    rather then a dealership who pays a higher fee for packaging and labeling of the parts (like the Audi rings for
    example).

210K miles rolled

Interesting. I wonder how much much they are through Gary, just PM'ed him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    German Auto Parts responded to my inquiry. They responded promptly and offered to accept a return if requested. I appreciate their prompt response.

I will give the Zimmers a shot. They seem to have a very good reputation from my very limited research.

German Auto Parts responded to the OEM issue in part with the following:

I guess for clarification, when we state "OriginalEquipment" we are referring to a OEM for Audi Vw, and not
    what we deem "Genuine" which is a rotor directly from a Audi/Vw.

With a OEM part there is a noticeable difference in price since we purchase these direct from the manufacturer
    rather then a dealership who pays a higher fee for packaging and labeling of the parts (like the Audi rings for
    example).

So veeeeeeeeery eenterestink. So I jumped on this GermanAutoParts offer, in an effort to arbitrage the euro, and received my front rotors today, delivered for $325 each. L/H is OEM with all of the proper Audi OEM marks, and the R/H is unmarked, in the same type box, and the same blue plastic wrap. I have not unwrapped them (they will be sitting on a shelf for a while) but they seem to be identical. I have no decent weight or dimensional measuring devices currently, but I do occasionally have access to them. When this opportunity occurs I will take these measurements just for yuks if anything. One thing for certain: these are the biggest a$$ rotors I have ever purchased........much less held in my hands!!!!
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Rears are coming up as 380 on the site. Price went up in a few days.

Boooooooo

At this rate, someone could start a retread offer for used rotors.

Good thing I have two full sets of spares out back. I'm set for 10 yrs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by dre View Post
    Rears are coming up as 380 on the site. Price went up in a few days.

I am almost wishing I would have just ponied up for hats and rotors from the companies mentioned previously. Audi absolutely sucks when it comes to supporting their vehicles - even flag ship models. Our cars are ten years old. On Audi's radar, we are barely a blip, and heading towards a false signal. Hats and custom rotors are where it will be. Soon.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

I think you may be right. But I want to get Randy's impressions on the zimmermans before I make any purchase. But I really do like the Coleman's.

I have just recently purchased 2Bennet fully Floating 2 piece Rotors, Pagid Black Pads, Stainless Steel Lines and Pentosin Fluid. When I receive and install them I will give My impressions on this setup. I was going for a C6 or a Loba BB setup but I could not justify a near $5000.00 Tag. Especially since I am not Tracking the car anyway....................................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.