Thread: OEM Painted Wheels

OEM Painted Wheels

I am sure this has been done/post here before, but figured instead of searching for a thread, that I'd start a new one.

After having my OEM sold and the buyer no show twice, I decided to keep them for a winter set. I mounted Blizzaks last winter, which were great, but the wheels were pretty thrashed. I decided to clean them up for this winter, and try out the Dupli-Color wheel paint in a dark grey (I don't have the can with me, so I can't confirm the color name/name). Sanded most of the original paint off, filled any remaining scratches/gouges, primer, sand, primer, and three coats of the wheel paint. Attached is a picture. I hope to mount in the next couple of day, and will post additional pictures. What do you think?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 Painted Wheels r1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	13466
    Topcat_92

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    I am sure this has been done/post here before, but figured instead of searching for a thread, that I'd start a new one.

After having my OEM sold and the buyer no show twice, I decided to keep them for a winter set. I mounted Blizzaks last winter, which were great, but the wheels were pretty thrashed. I decided to clean them up for this winter, and try out the Dupli-Color wheel paint in a dark grey (I don't have the can with me, so I can't confirm the color name/name). Sanded most of the original paint off, filled any remaining scratches/gouges, primer, sand, primer, and three coats of the wheel paint. Attached is a picture. I hope to mount in the next couple of day, and will post additional pictures. What do you think?

Name:	RS6 Painted Wheels r1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	13466
    two things. They look good, and also I wish I had seen them for sale then. Wanna sell them with the Blizzaks on?? (Back to shopping for winter tires and rims)

I think you had better just give them to me....

I have the OEM silver with 'zaks on now = uber grippy!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Here a couple pics of them mounted. Surprised how close the Dupli-Color Graphite color is to the RS body color. Also, how much I need to wash the RS. Cheers.

Name:	IMG_2296.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	13472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2298.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	13473
    Topcat_92