Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FOR SALE...RS6, Ace Torque Converter, no waiting...already boxed up and ready to go!

I miss my 610hp/600tq 468 cu Keith Craft powered 2500lb Shelby Cobra replica too.....but would I trade? Hell no....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0121.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	13371

Very nice! Well. I'm also contemplating building another TT muscle car (Maybe a 66-67 Chevelle). I built a fuel injected intercooled twin turbo Camaro and sold it to buy a 996 Turbo...Miss them both, but the Camaro is obviously cheaper to build and cheaper to own, but lacks the obvious qualities of the P-Car. Choices....

Ace TC still for sale.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    SteveKen sold his. I would think he got more than he would have if it was an auto? I think if you buy a manual RS6, you are buying a car that will likely NEVER have a transmission or TC problem. Priceless? I'm doing mine because I know I can do it cheaper than rebuilding my auto, no other reason.
    As I've said before, price is relative. I sold mine without even advertising it and didn't care that I took a bit of a hit on it because it was the test bed for the mechanical swap components. If I wanted to get $30k for it, then I probably would still have it. I'm resigned to the fact that 99% of cars sell for less than you buy them for.

Anyway, my opinion is that the manual is indeed the better choice from a longevity standpoint. Audi failed in the implementation of the transmission, which is shared with the BMW 7 series of the same generation. It was the best they had at the time, but it still wasn't good enough. Nothing can be done to these transmissions to make them any more durable, period.

Lastly, if you still have the TC, you're free to lower the price if you want to sell it. na1mt should have merely just said you are asking too much if that's how he feels. I have no idea what its worth, but just like the car itself, you will sell it for what you're satisfied getting for it. Like the car, its not getting any more expensive the longer you hold onto it though. Just my $0.02
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Exactly Steve...everyone has their opinions...and they are not right or wrong...I've stated what I think the "value" is, but like everything...I put a price on it and am waiting to hear offers...no different than anything else for sale in the world...it's worth whatever anyone will pay..and if I accept that, great, and if I don't...it will be a wheel chock for the rest of it's natural life...Trust me...I'm not looking to retire off my Ace TC, just looking to get a fair price for it. I didn't say my price was "firm", I said that's what I would like. If someone doesn't want to pay that, offer me something else or move on...easy.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Exactly Steve...everyone has their opinions...and they are not right or wrong...I've stated what I think the "value" is, but like everything...I put a price on it and am waiting to hear offers...no different than anything else for sale in the world...it's worth whatever anyone will pay..and if I accept that, great, and if I don't...it will be a wheel chock for the rest of it's natural life...Trust me...I'm not looking to retire off my Ace TC, just looking to get a fair price for it. I didn't say my price was "firm", I said that's what I would like. If someone doesn't want to pay that, offer me something else or move on...easy.
    I'm with you, Mike...

Everything is relative. I do NOT have stable full of daily drivers.... Therefore, if my TC took a dump today, I'd give you MORE than what you're asking----just to minimize logistics and down time. For me, mitigating the cost of a piece of shit rental car for a few weeks and the overall hassle factor is worth it! Thanks offering this to the community!

GLWS!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Still for Sale.
    2013 Audi S8