Thread: Lemon??

Lemon??

Well - this morning marks engine warning light number 3 in the two weeks since I have had my car. They cannot seem to fix the problem and the fault codes are exactly the same each time. The mechanic now admits that the last time he simply guessed at what it might be based on experience with regular A6 engines. This is not what I was looking to hear, nor what I was expecting from a dealer that asserts it is the largest Audi dealer in the world.

The car may be their's again very soon.....

You have a PM.

-m

If they cant fix it the car is theirs.....is my thought. sorry to hear you have had problems. Keep us posted.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Sorry to hear about that.

You should speak with the dealer and AOA together about this ASAP.
    If they do not want to play nice, and if it is the dealer I am thinking of: http://www.state.insert state letters here.us/dcp/Lemon.htm
    Make sure you keep very good records of everything
    Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

Thanks to all of you. I will of course let you know how it turns out. It seems my first instinct was right - I never should have accepted delivery. I just hope the dealer and AofA do not try to make it too difficult. Some of you, I know, are interested in the name of the dealership. For now I am going to give them a chance to make things right - before naming them. Once I see how things are going I will let you know who it is. I do not want to cause them unnecessary pain if it is not warranted. Time will tell.

Oh well. It seems the odds of finding another RS6 the way I want it are slim at this point. But, to start thinking positively, assuming I cannot, get a new RS6, what should I get? The dealer also owns Porsche, Mercedes and BMW dealerships relatively locally. I think I know the likely candidates but am interested in suggestions. Already had the M5, M3 SMG and 996TT. I guess S500 (posibly 4matic), E55, Cayenne TT, 745li and A8L are the basic choices. E60 M5 is on order just in case but is a year away.

Please check your PM, info might help you :)

Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

Originally posted by RCV3

Oh well. It seems the odds of finding another RS6 the way I want it are slim at this point. But, to start thinking positively, assuming I cannot, get a new RS6, what should I get? The dealer also owns Porsche, Mercedes and BMW dealerships relatively locally. I think I know the likely candidates but am interested in suggestions. Already had the M5, M3 SMG and 996TT. I guess S500 (posibly 4matic), E55, Cayenne TT, 745li and A8L are the basic choices. E60 M5 is on order just in case but is a year away.
    You could have the dealer check around for you to find a RS6 as close as possible to what you have. There are still some around. My dealer has one on the showroom floor.

Otherwise if I was to select from your list I'd look at either the E55 or the A8L.

What are the fault codes?
    ----
    Jordan Conley
    03 RS6
    01 TT Roadster
    95 A6Q 2.8
    [IMG]http://www.rs6.com/gfx/racing/001a.jpg[/IMG]