Thread: Switched plus 12 on A8? Trying to find a hookup for radar detector.

Switched plus 12 on A8? Trying to find a hookup for radar detector.

I could not find a fuse that's off when the ignition is off

It's strange but I guess all the accessory items are off by electronic modules rather than off by cutting power when the car is off.

Any ideas? What valentine one to shut down when I leave the car.

Why not just locate a terminal 15 (switched) and wire an inline fuse in for the detector?
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

The sunroof switch is a good source. It is only on with ignition.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Nice avatar Glad to see hard work paying off, enjoy!!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

thanks for the input. I was surprised to find that all the fuses were hot on the drivers side. I'll dig around on the weekend, but there must a switch ed off line I can tap into. On my RS the fuses for the usual accessories like the lighter, heated seats, etc, were all off when the ignition is off. I guess with the newer electronics the current flow is stopped at the electronic modules which actually control things like the heated seats. Obviously the power to the power seats is alway hot.

Iswing, My RS was paid off a year ago and I was waiting on the new 4.0 engine. The older NA 4.2 in the A8 is a dog, so I passed on a pretty good deal a year ago after driving one. I considered an V10 S8 two years ago, but that was when I still had payments on the RS and the trade in was not worth it. My RS is still running strong, but I don't miss driving it since the A8 is pretty darn fast.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    The sunroof switch is a good source. It is only on with ignition.
    Tozo, I was considering digging into the controls for the sunroof, but don't want to break something up there, the fuse box panel is much easier to remove LOL...

Any thoughts on why there is so much pedal lag when you first start up from a stop. I am having trouble getting the car to smoothly pull out unless I'm crawling. There is a bit of a dead spot in the pedal travel but once your beyond it things happen Perhaps there is some adjustment?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Any thoughts on why there is so much pedal lag when you first start up from a stop. I am having trouble getting the car to smoothly pull out unless I'm crawling. There is a bit of a dead spot in the pedal travel but once your beyond it things happen Perhaps there is some adjustment?

Mike
    Mike,
    You could try this:

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/whyitworks.cfm

I think it's around $300 and plugs in-line right into the accelerator harness. May be what you're looking for in terms of removing pedal lag/dead space for the first 25% of accelerator travel. In effect I think it moves the "dead-space" to the last 25% of accelerator travel by shifting the throttle response curve over. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it makes the car feels twitchy at all, but I've seen good reviews on other forums for what it is.

Probably will do nothing for the smothness, though. Do you have a DSG?