Thread: The big green fish

The big green fish

Real fishy. No pic of the engine. Imagine that.

One weird thing. Why doesn't the front bumper have the license plate detent? It has all the other characteristics of an rs6 bumper.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Its just an S6 Avant with the RS6 Euro interior and RS6 brakes. He lists the power as 350PS which would be S6 territory. I think the front bumper was filled prior to painting. Not aware of any aftermarket front bumpers for our cars.

Pretty clean example, just way overpriced.

Stephen

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the first RS6 come in 2003?
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the first RS6 come in 2003?
    C5 was 2002-2004. C6 2008-2010

Car is missing subtle things like the badging, pics of the exterior confirming rear bumper, exhaust, & as stated above, no photos of engine area. There is no mention of DRC or aftermarket suspension. The brake calipers are red vs. black and are non OEM style rotors. The seats although Euro style Reccaro's are missing the RS6 logo stitched in the headrests, etc. Nice car, just incorrectly represented in a few areas. I liken this to people that have a 530-540 BMW with a 'M' sport package and touting their car as an M5.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

C5 RS6 to the USA was 2003 and only 2003. This is an S6.

Warm regards,

Stephen

I searched the VIN and found this...

http://www.texasaudigroup.com/forums...ead.php?t=4148

He details the build and there are more pics of the engine, rear etc. Looks like the seller is trying to make a few dollars.

AudiAuggie built that car a few years ago ( it was all the rage because of the RS6 bits and the green paint). It was actually an inspiration for RS6 bits on my S6. I guess Auggie sold it to this guy, who figures a $10000 premium, since the car is in Hawaii. If its not sold in the next two weeks, I'm gonna go check it out.

The fishiest fish around.
    To clearly misrepresent it as an RS6 is not cool, if not fraudulent. I agree that it's WAAAY overpriced, especially since that other guy had invested all the sweat equity and sold it for what, $19k something? I would trust nothing about this guy.

That's too bad, though. I was on the Big Island last week, and would've gladly checked it out under the pretense of a trip to the "Tropical Botanical Gardens" had I known. I was going through beast withdrawal with all the open twisting roads and great scenery while driving a rental! Of course, not having an Audi dealer on the island would make me a little nervous...
    Maybe that's one of the reasons he trying to offload it?
    Last edited by Spidercat; November 8th, 2012 at 01:01.

Auction listing has been updated to better reflect the actual vehicle, vs. the mythical being it was originally being listed as. Still overpriced, but that's just my opinion. Someone else may feel it's exactly what they want and that the price is reasonable to them, so who am I to say.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Wow. You're right. He just changed the listing.
    So I guess the seller just went up a notch. Now he's at notch one (to paraphrase Snoop Dogg in Starsky & Hutch).
    Still overpriced. Needs a supercharger for $25k.

Why green? If you're gonna misrepresent, at least be pretty.