Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Went deer hunting by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    It wasn't running after you hit the deer right? That's what I remember
    Hehe. I see what you did there.

I spoke with the adjuster today. They're not totaling it. The jnsurance company was about 3k lower to fix than the shop said. Adjuster found headlights for 1k used, hood and fenders off another one that saved 450, used ac condenser 600 less.

Not sure if I like not getting new parts, but the shop I'm working with has an excellent warranty that they stand behind well. If they think I won't like it (and they know how particular I am) they will fight to get it.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Congrats! What's the shop in Minne? Got an acquaintance in the business there.

UK insurance companies will only allow brand new parts to be fitted, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

I would make sure that they are willing to warranty all parts same as if they were new, only after you are red in the face from fighting with them about trying to install used parts....IMO
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Used headlights could be a cluster fUsed fenders and hood. Cluster fWork with the shop and get new even if insurance won't payThe first paint chip that reveals Mugello and 60 mils of paint will drive you nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Hehe. I see what you did there. I spoke with the adjuster today. They're not totaling it. The jnsurance company was about 3k lower to fix than the shop said. Adjuster found headlights for 1k used, hood and fenders off another one that saved 450, used ac condenser 600 less. Not sure if I like not getting new parts, but the shop I'm working with has an excellent warranty that they stand behind well. If they think I won't like it (and they know how particular I am) they will fight to get it.

Indy shop and parts from Shokan, they should have all you need...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Update from the body shop

Good news. Adjuster came up to the level the shop was asking. All new parts. Holding up the work now is getting the core support from Germany. I'm happy with this news and looking forward to getting the beast back.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

^Woo hoo!! Great news and Max Speed getting it back on da road better n ever!
    210K miles rolled

Sweet!! Congrats!

Brilliant

Wow, great news!
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Thanks for passing on the good news, Kyle!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Update

Yesterday I spoke with the owner of the body shop and they said that the core support is backordered. And it's coming from Germany.

Delivery date is Dec 20th. Holy hell. I won't drive my car til next year.

That sux....haven't driven my NSX in almost 2 1/2 years, so I can feel your pain.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

I always thought of my extended shop stays as reserved miles to be driven at a later date...00

The days can drip by waiting for the rumble..Where is our pics of progress btw (max playing role of Ben)??....
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    I always thought of my extended shop stays as reserved miles to be driven at a later date...00

The days can drip by waiting for the rumble..Where is our pics of progress btw (max playing role of Ben)??....
    Yea pics. I'll have to get some.

Hmmmm. If you're Ben, then Ben is you.

Where are the track vids Ben? Hmm, where?
    Last edited by 4everRS; November 30th, 2012 at 03:50.

Oh my- Ben has been slandered beyond repair....

Track vids you ask...Just because it is you Kyle- I signed up for 3 days at TWS (Dec 14-16). One day of Open Track day- followed by 2 day track event. I hope Crazy (and Max) make it all 3 days without issue..00
    Last edited by MaxRS6; November 30th, 2012 at 04:02.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Oh my- Ben has been slandered beyond repair....

Track vids you ask...Just because it is you Kyle- I signed up for 3 days at TWS (Dec 14-16). One day of Open Track day- followed by 2 day track event. I hope Crazy (and Max) make it all 3 days without issue..00
    Thanks for signing me up to TWS for those days! I get to beat CRAZY into submission and some 4 wheel drifts.
    You might be disappointed by the flipflop Ben's RS6 as it doesn't have APR/KW/BBS/Alcon/160k miles...

Yeah Kyle, as Ben said, where the F are those photos/videos of der beast getting surgery????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared