Geoff-

In March I offered you $20k, and you emailed back saying you would take it. I responded saying I had done research online and wanted to have the car checked at Audi, have it checked by my personal technician, and datalog the car with the VAG to test the integrity of the torque converter and transmission (none of which would have incurred any expense for you). I said I wanted to be sure Audi would sell me a warranty (you provided information showing that they would). I also asked about the true cost of timing belt replacement that you quoted at $1500, after finding on this very site that others paid $2800. You literally never responded to me after this email. It was the first time in my life someone had accepted my offer on a car and never contacted me again. Very strange.

To be honest, I assumed the deal breaker was that I requested to datalog the car, and that there was an expensive repair looming due to a slipping transmission or torque converter problem, as is common with these cars. What else could it have been? This is why I did not contact you again. I was fully prepared to buy the car in cash right then.

Did you have the rear bumper repaired? I only mention this because I am reading about it in our old email. I don't even remember seeing something wrong with it when I looked at your car.

To anyone interested, I test drove this car and it blew my mind (I had never driven an RS6). The car was very clean and Geoff seemed like a good guy.