Thread: Todays failures and repairs..

Todays failures and repairs..

Car has been overheating and cutting boost. No codes..
    Yesterday while driving in 100+degree heat on the freeway, car develops horrible engine stumbling/vibration and flashing CEL..
    Take her to dealer today..
    Both cooling fans are faulty and need replacing and #6 coilpak is toast.

I will be trading this car in as soon as my new customized 2013 Lancer Evo X has been built and shipped here..

Saying good bye to Audi after 22 years..

Bummer about the problems...but a lancer evo is made of more plastic than I could image when I drove one last year. Performance and reliability are good, but its a rough ride compared to a luxury sedan. Nice and fast though!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The Evo will be culture shock! It is an Econo Box with a sweet engine/drivetrain, but still econobox trim, ect. My buddy has a Cobb tuned X and it is nice, but I would take an RS car anyday!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    Car has been overheating and cutting boost. No codes..
    Yesterday while driving in 100+degree heat on the freeway, car develops horrible engine stumbling/vibration and flashing CEL..
    Take her to dealer today..
    Both cooling fans are faulty and need replacing and #6 coilpak is toast.

I will be trading this car in as soon as my new customized 2013 Lancer Evo X has been built and shipped here..

Saying good bye to Audi after 22 years..
    Maybe an RS7?!?!?
    I know you have had issues with your RS.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

10 Year old high performance car will have issue's, But once fixed should be good for a few more years. The Mitsubishi can't hold to candle even to a 10 year old RS6 though. Even so good luck with your future endeavors..........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

he will be back
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."