Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember 'Special Sauce?'

Remember 'Special Sauce?'

After a 3 month wait to get into EPL, I left her in Tony's hands on Friday. This came about after having it on a local dyno at the end of May, and finding that it was very running lean up top. The plan for this week is to make sue that the engine is healthy, some dyno time for Tony to evaluate the need for larger injectors, upgrading if need be, and then finally the final tune. I'll post the progress along the way!

Always said that car needed to be custom tuned and not just flashed. Good luck with it, keep us posted on progress.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Are you the new owner of Special Sauce? If yes please let us know & advise how she is doing!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Ron, as far as I knew, the car was Custom tuned by Doug/dion on their Maha dyno with dahlback rep. In fairness to dion, he said he didn't think the dahlback guy knew what he was doing. I def felt, the dyno chart that came with that car was BS, cause the car didn't feel any faster then when I had it stage 2 with eurocharged. Given their was bigger turbos, bigger fuel pump, and FPR....I never understood the car lean condition. Bad tune, likely ..but if u run more boost you run more fuel....bigger injectors. Tony will transform that car.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

AH!!! she is back!!!! nice!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I am, I bought it from Stephen in the spring...she'll be doing a lot better in about a week

Look forward to the updates- Good luck with the project!
    210K miles rolled

EPL had the car on the dyno this morning and did the typical leaning out at ~4500 rpm, so they put their tune in, and it did the same thing. They threw a fuel pressure gauge on to confirm that this was hardware related. So a new stock Rs6 fuel pump is on order...

Have them run an injector duty cycle test also, you might be maxing out the stock injectors...or they could be dirty. Don't think you want them above 80% I believe. Interesting you go lean at 4,500, that's when my boost falls off as the turbos spool out, but the fuel mix stays the same. Do you know the fuel percentages being added under boost?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Subscribed (interested to see what Tony can do)
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

as I know he may be in the dark on some parts. When I bought the wreck, Dion had forgotten to take the bosch 044 fuel pump out of wreck, and billed me for a new one. It was installed 'brand new' march 11'. I would be interested to hear what Tony says about the fuel pump, once removed.

this was what it was suppossed to be.....
    http://www.audiandvwpartsforsale.com...fule_pump.html
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    as I know he may be in the dark on some parts. When I bought the wreck, Dion had forgotten to take the bosch 044 fuel pump out of wreck, and billed me for a new one. It was installed 'brand new' march 11'. I would be interested to hear what Tony says about the fuel pump, once removed.

this was what it was suppossed to be.....
    http://www.audiandvwpartsforsale.com...fule_pump.html
    I've already asked Rich to tell me specifically what pump is in there once they pull it.

any update on fuel pump?

Not yet, they sent the injectors out to be "dynamically flowed and modified," once they come back they're going to work on the fuel delivery all at once...hopefully tomorrow.

Ok, lmk I am very interested if it is fact the pump I paid for, or it was defective, or hopefully not- OEM rs6, ie never changed out.

The fuel pump was pulled this morning...I'll just copy and paste from the email I received

The length of the 044 pump doesn't allow for an in-tank install on the C5... There's just no way to mount these in there for proper pick up, however, this is honestly one of the poorest of attempts we've seen at this.

So the logical question is: "Does an 'improper' pickup cause the lean condition, or is it just an ancillary issue?"

"Root cause" is what you're after. Hopefully it get sorted out without throwing tons of cash at potential red herrings.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

the new fuel pump and larger injectors should do it, hopefully it's back on the dyno this week to confirm that though.