Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car wont even crank over......battery good!!

Had time today to get coolant reservoir out of the way to get to that fuse block. It is actually a 200 amp fuse that allows power to the entire system. The entire block is rusted after inspection, once removing cover. The reason the power was intermittent was due to the fact that the power cable to the system was severely freyed and actually now broken off completely from block. I guess this is probably the best reason to make sure your drains are clear, although I must add that Audi engineering team were pretty moronic to put this where it is, given the possible circumstances of a failure.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ps0bae09dc.jpg
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psd4f0d48e.jpg

.........tried to post so you dont have to click pics, but failed....sorry
    Last edited by na1mt; September 23rd, 2012 at 19:37.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

^ Pics...

210K miles rolled

That's at least one of the pics.....lol
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    That's at least one of the pics.....lol
    Well- no good deed...-LOL...let's try the udder one (twice for good measure)...

210K miles rolled

Ugly stuff! At least you are on the road to recovery.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Ron, get the car covered or garaged. I know u have a garage, makes some room. That damage looks like those drains have been clogged for a long time. Look on bright side, the car could of died on highway!
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

I know......3 car garage with no cars in it....lol. That cable goes all the way across the front of car back through firewall.....gonna be a pain in the arse to replace. Since I have to remove cluster to tap into speed sensor wire as well....I will install the RNS-e at the same time that I have in the closet. And damn my cell phone takes some good pics....lol
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq

............ok replaced fuse block and cable end today. Started right up but battery light is on. It appears as if the alternator is not charging. Ran a scan and comes up with P1602-002 ......low voltage intermittent terminal 30. Could this have fried my alternator?????
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq

Hope it can get sorted quickly; my alternator died this summer, and a fresh rebuild with labor cost less than $200.

I had an electrical incident with my car last week. Some half-finished construction on the road left a hidden sudden dip then a bump, which launched the left side of my car airborne and ripped the left-side battery (I have two Odyssey PC925s) from its strap. My car immediately went dead. I look in the trunk and the battery's positive terminal was touching the frame and doing its best to arc weld itself to the car. I managed to get the battery back into place and jump started the car with my spare lead-acid battery. Drove the car later for 30 minutes and all has seemed well since then.

I'm guessing that if anything got fried, I'd know it? There's no way my ECU flashes got erased? The only thing I've noticed is the traction control light flashing on full-throttle launches, but that could also be cooler weather making more power/reducing tire traction (but it didn't do this last autumn)?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo