Thread: Vibration when cold, fist few miles...

Vibration when cold, fist few miles...

Wheel bearing? Almost everything else in the suspension is new. All control arms, CV joints....I keep thinking I'm getting a bit of feedback from the bearings, or I could just be paranoid...

I always get a little vibration when first driving, but this morning was a good 15 degrees colder with fall settling in, lots of vibration first mile or so then gone mostly.

Still dealing with some high speed vibration, but I think that's worn tires which are getting replaced this week. Maybe the cold tires shake the car even at slow speeds, hmmmmm...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I had the same thing/feeling but I think it is more due to parking hot tires for the weekend and then they temporarily flat spot until warmed up.

When I first got the 'Kooks, it was really bad on Monday mornings. But about 10 minutes in, they were back to roundish.
    Have I told anyone that I don't care for the 'Kooks? This is just one more reason to NOT purchase them....EVER!
    Just a subtle reminder.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I had the same thing/feeling but I think it is more due to parking hot tires for the weekend and then they temporarily flat spot until warmed up.

When I first got the 'Kooks, it was really bad on Monday mornings. But about 10 minutes in, they were back to roundish.
    Have I told anyone that I don't care for the 'Kooks? This is just one more reason to NOT purchase them....EVER!
    Just a subtle reminder.
    Hope that's the issue, instantly change with the colder weather today, makes sense, I always wondered if it was a bearing settling in, but the tire seems plausible. I've got one bad tire that is a bit off, might have broken a belt. The PS3's go on this week, it just rained today, oh yea....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

ive got the same, car isnt on the road daily...thats why...
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

My car has the same symptom, even this time of year (the winter would be intolerable...). It's very pronounced for the first 1/4 mile at low speeds. Higher tire pressure barely helps. The B-stone RE760's (OE size) have soft sidewalls have a load index of 95(W) (thanks to the tire shop who overlooked the 98 OE spec). New tires coming in are XL load rated at 98 or 100(Y) load index. Should solve the issue.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

My Cayenne does the same thing. In my case it is the tires. In the morning 7miles hwy with vibrations, then 7 miles city smooth. Going home from work 7 miles city warms it up without vibrations and it is smooth on the hwy.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Once again, a reminder.. The 36psi recommended pressure is the 'minimum' psi and has been shown to cause flat spotting when left overnight... Pump them up to 40-42 psi and see if this goes away.

Thanks for the input all! PS3's go on today, was thinking 38psi but I'll go 40psi, see what the ride is like. Cornering should be sweet as I'm on some half worn Nitto Invo's...I can spin the damn things on dry pavement with TC off...don't even want to corner hard on wet with them.

I couldn't set the 'Kooks to 40psi as they would not grip well in the corners and actually would wear more in the centers.
    The PS2's were at 40psi and were GREAT!
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tire1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	12925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tire2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	12926
    We'll see if this solves it. They can go up to 50psi which is nice, at 40 now. A bit wider of a tire, feels sticky as glue...see how they wear, PS3's...

Are those PS3's or PSS's?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I thought Pilot Super Sport was same as PS3? Thanks for the hookup offer btw, had a local shop that helped. Pilot Sport is PS2 right?

They are Super Sports, super sticky, found the difference, cheers!

As long as you got them.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    As long as you got them.
    TJ:
    Are you back states side yet?

Who is this TJ you speak of?

definitely flatspotting.

I run my Hankooks at 42psi, but when autocrossing I dropped that a LOT. They stick just fine for normal, somewhat aggressive road driving.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo