Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Very desirable!

The only disappointment is that it is already distanced by the new E AMG S performance vise, at least on paper.

I'll bet you any money we'll soon see the RS6 and the RS7 plus models.

Quote Originally Posted by S6V10Avant View Post
    ...at least on paper.
    The last "paper" from Audi suggested that the S8's version of this engine put out 520HP, but subsequent dynamometer testing showed the true output to be 579+ hp.

Given that, I'd wager that the true output of the RS 7's (mind the gap between "S" and "7" ;-) will be 610+HP.

Regardless, I can't wait for the comparison tests!
    Last edited by ZCD2.7T; January 14th, 2013 at 21:18.

Very nice...but I really was hoping for it to look somehow wider...is it the missing wide fenders? It seems Ill be keeping the Q5 as it is now the only one with the UR quattro fenders.
    So it seems no 5th seat and I have heard the front parking sensors still wont activate automatically... Ouch

Still, looks very nice and also cant wait for the first tests...

PTT

As usual (and expected), Qisha's (inside) information was spot on as the RS7 is live in Detroit.

I'll be there this Saturday to look at it and the new R8's.
    2007 B7 RS4 Sedan-MTM Supercharger/Exhaust/Wheels-Sachs Clutch/LWFW-Stasis Ohlin Suspension-Hotchkis Rear Sway-540HP-Red/Black-"The Cherry Bomb."

A very nice offering for the space (super luxury sport 4-door coupes) and certainly a value proposition compared to Panamera Turbo/S (AWD) - we shall see how it does vs. the M6 Gran Coupe (no AWD though) and the new CLS AMG. Note that it is about 200 lbs heavier than all three (based on S7 weight of 4,450 lbs). Maybe same as CLS after current AWD update.

Still, all these 4 door coupes to me are just too big and HEAVY for the little function they offer. They all look bloated somehow - like big whales... is it just me?

Shame we will never get the RS6 (like we didn't the RS4).... OR NOT!#@$#*Y$)#($

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS_6 - why does Wikipedia say "The car will be expected to price around $105,000 and to be on sale around summer of 2013 in Europe and fall of 2013 in America."....

MA i crazy or fenders looke the same as on any other A7....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

It does look a bit like the RS your grandma might drive...some of it is the white, body needs more, and cheesy chrome rims, kinds like a Kia Optima Premium...but I still like, mostly...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    The last "paper" from Audi suggested that the S8's version of this engine put out 520HP, but subsequent dynamometer testing showed the true output to be 579+ hp.

Given that, I'd wager that the true output of the RS 7's (mind the gap between "S" and "7" ;-) will be 610+HP.

Regardless, I can't wait for the comparison tests!
    If they are under reporting by the same percentage then my calculations put it at 622. Maybe Qisha can shed some light on this?

also the chrome rims look stupid! I would never get this car with chrome rims! And I'm disappointed in the lack of fender flairs!

I'm going to keep wasting my breath for a hot Avant.. When I inevitably fail I'll have to read the head to head of this vs merc. If the Benz is not significantly better in every respect then I'll end up with the consolation prize.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Thread title updated to reflect the latest news and discussions.

Good news for Audi, Audi NA and the americans.

Bring it on!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit-2013-audi-rs7-sportback-006.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	13452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit-2013-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-4matic-facelift-004.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	13453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit-2013-audi-rs7-sportback-005.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	13454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit-2013-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-4matic-facelift-002.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	13455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit-2013-audi-rs7-sportback-004.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	13456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit-2013-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-4matic-facelift-001.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	13457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit-2013-audi-rs7-sportback-003.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	13459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013detroitmercedesE63-12.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	13458

OK so this is really the choice we have ....... IMO.... for now.

Damn that Merc is ugly inside...I can't believe the chrome rims and lack of strong lines on the Audi still, face palm doh!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Damn that Merc is ugly inside...I can't believe the chrome rims and lack of strong lines on the Audi still, face palm doh!
    E-63: Agreed. Not too sharp on the outside, either, IMO.

The chrome rims are most likely just a "show" feature - I'll give you dollars for donuts that they don't make the cut when the car actually goes on sale in the US...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahel...sel-and-sport/

RS7 for ~$100,000 is reasonable on the other hand $71,000 for base SQ5 is a bit too much (although it looks better than any other SUV in its class and no competitor in class in terms of power X3/GLK have no M/AMG) - $60K would be much more reasonable, but I am sure someone will pay $80k all in for it.

Scott Koegh "The instant a luxury brand becomes commoditized–and we’ve seen this before–turn out the lights. It’s a disaster.” - how can it - when we can't even get the best they can offer... i.e the Rs4 and Rs6

Sure, they are being smart, but somehow I just don't get this feeling like they care about the daily (wants practicality) purist (wants max performance) driver..... RS5 cabrio.... give me a break....

Quote Originally Posted by plivac View Post

Scott Koegh "The instant a luxury brand becomes commoditized–and we’ve seen this beforeturn out the lights. It’s a disaster.” - how can it - when we can't even get the best they can offer... i.e the Rs4 and Rs6

Sure, they are being smart, but somehow I just don't get this feeling like they care about the daily (wants practicality) purist (wants max performance) driver..... RS5 cabrio.... give me a break....
    This^^^

Edit: I removed the not so nice comment
    Last edited by ben916; January 17th, 2013 at 20:35.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Reading some official audi litterature they mention that rs7 has wider fenders.... I don t know where they are or maybe difference is so small that its impossible to notice....total failure on that perspective..... Rs 7 could have been an option for me but not with those fenders no way an rs has to be really different elese whats the point....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    Reading some official audi litterature they mention that rs7 has wider fenders....
    Dear youry,

the Audi RS 7 Sportback has the same width as the Audi A7 Sportback and Audi S7 Sportback. The decision to remain the width was not a quattro GmbH recommendation.

On the other hand, the Audi A7 layout is already wider than the Audi A6 for example. Compared to the Audi RS 6 Avant, the Audi RS 7 Sportback is 12,5 mm narrower per side. But if you compare the Audi RS 7 Sportback with the Mercedes CLS63, the RS7 is 15mm wider per side. Against the BMW M6 Grand Coupe, the RS7 is 6mm wider per side.

It does look good in person. A bright color (the new color Nardogrey looks great - pretty much like Porsches sport classic grey), the Carbon exterior package combined with the optic package and dark wheels would be my favorite choice.

Qisha