Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    For me it's a very simple question, either AoA wants to build their image as a tier 1 performance marque stateside or they do not....
    ...and you would have AOA do this all at once, despite the fact that their sales are 1/2 of their competitors in the US market?!

That's simply not realistic, no matter how many times "enthusiasts" on this site or any other sites plead for it.

AOA is moving in the right direction, IMO, but the movement will never be fast enough for some...

Evidence of this movement is the fact that a C-class RS IS INDEED available in the US, after a decade-long hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by G@Fourtitude View Post
    First, what makes you think they are not asking their customers what they want? What makes you think they are not constantly evaluating the market? Perhaps the market does not reflect the exact needs of you, or me. Would love to have an RS 6 Avant, but current models suggest they can’t sell the volume in order to justify the homologation costs.
    George, firstly thank you for your response. Secondly I would ask that you not take offense to the following remarks, as they are not intended to be contentious, but merely state my perspective.

I have been an Audi owner for over 22 years. In that time I have purchased from new a 1993 S4, 1997 S6, 2001 S4, 2004 RS (still own it), 2007 S6 (sold quickly), and a 2008 S8. My wife who has a liking for BMW has owned every M5 model that came to NA in the same timeframe.

At this point you are probably asking why I bother to mention all of this, and the answer quite simply is despite my purchase history, and the loyalty I have displayed to the brand I have never once received a single request for feedback from anyone at Audi other than the occasional calls asking what my service experience was like. Unlike my Audi experience, I can however tell you that I have been invited and participated in BMW ownership forums which requested feedback specifically on M product. Some of the questions asked sought to gauge interest in other M product like the X5 and X6 platforms prior to their arrival.

You asked what makes me think Audi are not asking their customers what they want. Well here's my question to you. Who did they ask whether they wanted the new RS6? Previous RS6 owners who want and are willing to put down deposits against the cars, or some random sampling of Audi owners? Also I do not believe in my original post that I ever stated that they are not constantly evaluating the market. To the contrary, I would hope that they do as a car company looking to expand their market share. What I will however restate is that if they are in fact as you imply "evaluating the market" then they seem to have missed the opportunity yet again to supply their previous NA RS6 purchasers with an upgrade to their vehicle. The RS7 unfortunately is not a choice all of us want pursue.

I can appreciate that not all C5 RS6 owners are in a position to just walk into a dealership and buy whatever they want, but for those that are in that position, Audi has in essence positioned one vehicle in the same category as the "upgrade" to their existing RS6 - that being the RS7. Those of us not opting for this vehicle are in essence abandoned to pursue other options.

After almost A decade,

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    ...but the movement will never be fast enough for some...
    Yes, I do think we should be further along than this, Nysschen was talking reaching parity with the other German brands nearly 10 years ago at the start of his AoA CEO tenure. All rhetoric, little results.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post
    ....I can appreciate that not all C5 RS6 owners are in a position to just walk into a dealership and buy whatever they want, but for those that are in that position, Audi has in essence positioned one vehicle in the same category as the "upgrade" to their existing RS6 - that being the RS7. Those of us not opting for this vehicle are in essence abandoned to pursue other options.
    Question: Since a C7 RS6 SEDAN does not exist, would you purchase a C7 RS6 Avant, were it available in North America?

Question: Since a C7 RS6 SEDAN does not exist, would you purchase a C7 RS6 Avant, were it available in North America?
    Interesting question.

I do not need a wagon as I also have a SUV in the family, so a wagon to me is not really a need or want. I have also posted previously on this thread along the same lines.

Since that time I have driven a new model M5, and while being impressive in the power it possesses, I was actually not all that impressed with the tail happy tendencies of the car. While fun for a while it can present some challenges in the colder times of the year.

I am also looking at Aston Martin and Jaguar, but again, these are not by choice, but out of necessity. As much as I love the RS6 I still have, it is a 9 year old car. I've kept it this long because there was nothing else I was inclined to replace it with including the S6 and S8 I subsequently purchased, both of which I sold as neither had the character of the RS6.

I am not inclined to give Mercedes my business, so if the Avant were made available, I might retract my original position.

Would it be my preference? No. Would I consider it? Maybe.

At this point you are probably asking why I bother to mention all of this, and the answer quite simply is despite my purchase history, and the loyalty I have displayed to the brand I have never once received a single request for feedback from anyone at Audi other than the occasional calls asking what my service experience was like.
    Have to agree, just getting promo emails on new sales and new models - nothing that engages me. Even the communications with their customer service is like speaking to I-Robots - one way communication. I can't vouch for MB and BMW.

Not to sound snobbish, but they are behaving as if their customers are the average VW owners who spend $20-$40k no cars and don't need pampering.

...Would it be my preference? No. Would I consider it? Maybe.
    So really, this is a question of Audi not offering the BODY STYLE you want, as opposed to the performance and character you want, correct?

The RS 7 will have performance and RS (driving) character in spades...

So really, this is a question of Audi not offering the BODY STYLE you want, as opposed to the performance and character you want, correct?

The RS 7 will have performance and RS (driving) character in spades...
    I'll try to answer you and at the same time be as respectful of other opinions as I can be. For me it comes down to spending $120K or more for a car that I am not totally sold on. I realize for some the RS7 is the next best thing since sliced bread, and quite rightly they are entitled to their opinion. If one likes the A7 body style then the RS7 is that much better.

Unfortunately for me, I am not in that camp, and I would not buy the RS7 for the same reason I would not buy a Panamera turbo (nice looking front end, lots of performance, questionable rear). Again, this is my personal perspective. One could also argue the Panamera back end is that much less pleasing than the A7.

The RS6 on the other hand presents a totally different proposition. Do I wish the car would have been made as a SEDAN. Damn straight. Is the Avant esthetically displeasing to me, no. Would I consider it if brought here? Maybe, and I say maybe because right now there are no current alternatives that I find myself gravitating to.

...For me it comes down to spending $120K or more for a car that I am not totally sold on...
    I completely understand where you're coming from, as well as your quandary.

At one time, I gave a fellow RS6.com member endless grief about the looks of a car he was about to buy. After I drove the car, I came to "respect" the looks, and understand why he bought it (and then another one!). I even came thisclose to buying one of those questionable-looking cars myself at one point.

I'm not trying to suggest that you'd have the same reaction in a similar situation, - but it was eye-opening (perspective-inducing?) for me.

Cool

I completely understand where you're coming from, as well as your quandary.

At one time, I gave a fellow RS6.com member endless grief about the looks of a car he was about to buy. After I drove the car, I came to "respect" the looks, and understand why he bought it (and then another one!). I even came thisclose to buying one of those questionable-looking cars myself at one point.

I'm not trying to suggest that you'd have the same reaction in a similar situation, - but it was eye-opening (perspective-inducing?) for me.
    Can I ask what the car in question was? Just curious because I have driven the panamera turbo, and it is a hell of a car. The handling and the performance is a direct contradiction to the sheer size. Just wondering if that was the car you gave them hell about and then recanted on later

Guys, there seem to have been lots of reviews on the RS6 coming out. Have there been any on the RS7? Or we too early on in the process to expect those?

Can I ask what the car in question was? Just curious because I have driven the panamera turbo, and it is a hell of a car. The handling and the performance is a direct contradiction to the sheer size. Just wondering if that was the car you gave them hell about and then recanted on later
    Nissan GT-R.

I'm with you on the Panamanabananamera©™, though - I couldn't see myself owning one.

+1000 and nice to read this perspective.

While its nice to see the RS5 and RS7 make it to the US.....they do nothing for me. Zero, ziltch, nada. We have been spoiled by the performance of the RS6 and a modified RS6 has no comparison in todays market. With the horizon set for future RS models in the US I have made the decision to keep my modified "garage queen" RS6 and add a second ultra low mileage RS6 to be placed into daily duties.

Its also nice to see the S6 sedan and S8 seadans hit the US market but those vehicles are too "soft" and really offer no more performance than my modified RS6.

I'm done buying for a few years and two ultra low mileage RS6s sit in my front garage. I hate to say this but the V8TT AMGs with AWD are looking better and better each day. Pat has my old AMG and he is still amazed at the brutal raw performance out of that sucker.

George, firstly thank you for your response. Secondly I would ask that you not take offense to the following remarks, as they are not intended to be contentious, but merely state my perspective.

I have been an Audi owner for over 22 years. In that time I have purchased from new a 1993 S4, 1997 S6, 2001 S4, 2004 RS (still own it), 2007 S6 (sold quickly), and a 2008 S8. My wife who has a liking for BMW has owned every M5 model that came to NA in the same timeframe.

At this point you are probably asking why I bother to mention all of this, and the answer quite simply is despite my purchase history, and the loyalty I have displayed to the brand I have never once received a single request for feedback from anyone at Audi other than the occasional calls asking what my service experience was like. Unlike my Audi experience, I can however tell you that I have been invited and participated in BMW ownership forums which requested feedback specifically on M product. Some of the questions asked sought to gauge interest in other M product like the X5 and X6 platforms prior to their arrival.

You asked what makes me think Audi are not asking their customers what they want. Well here's my question to you. Who did they ask whether they wanted the new RS6? Previous RS6 owners who want and are willing to put down deposits against the cars, or some random sampling of Audi owners? Also I do not believe in my original post that I ever stated that they are not constantly evaluating the market. To the contrary, I would hope that they do as a car company looking to expand their market share. What I will however restate is that if they are in fact as you imply "evaluating the market" then they seem to have missed the opportunity yet again to supply their previous NA RS6 purchasers with an upgrade to their vehicle. The RS7 unfortunately is not a choice all of us want pursue.

I can appreciate that not all C5 RS6 owners are in a position to just walk into a dealership and buy whatever they want, but for those that are in that position, Audi has in essence positioned one vehicle in the same category as the "upgrade" to their existing RS6 - that being the RS7. Those of us not opting for this vehicle are in essence abandoned to pursue other options.

simply awesome in Suzuka Grey

here the pics
    http://www.autozine.nl/text/1115.html

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    PS: This is a Audi RS 6 (C6) 730 HP by MTM
    Saw this when I watched it on the computer now, and not the iPhone. By no mistake that is an C6 dash...

Sorry for this, removed a few posts so that no-one else gets confused.

Idea! For avengers 2 tony stark gets an RS6 Avant instead of the R8! He could even somethng about how he traded his R8 for it because its fast and can haul his iron man suit...

free advertising for Audi that boosts Avant sales and allows them to bring the RS6 Avant here.....
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Saw this when I watched it on the computer now, and not the iPhone. By no mistake that is an C6 dash...
    No worries...