Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Looks like Daytona Gray Matte ... Interesting!

Fantastic info Qisha.

Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

IF the decision of a limited Edition Audi RS 6 Avant for the US Market should be set, than it could very well end up with this Body color.

But like i wrote, the decision is not made by Audi Germany, AoA is in charge. So if you really want this to happen, go ahead and let AoA know.

Performance wise i give you two opportunities, on a par or ahead of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S.

Qisha
    Perfect special edition color!
    And I'm guessing a head of Turbo S because I can't imagine anyone making a new car equal to an existing car. Like how the C5 will wipe the floor with an equivalent M5!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

for the RS7 to be that fast it would have to make over 600 hp if it weighs more than 4000 lbs. chances are audi probably kept the weight down in this gen of RS models for the first time. thanks for the information Qisha. NAIAS is early this year.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

The RS6 should be very evenly matched to the M5 in a straight, and considering they have had over a year to see what the M5 can do and develop it, there is no reason it should not give the M5 a run for its money, but like always the M5 set the bar. Hopefully BMW doesn’t release a performance package when the RS6 comes out like they did for the M3 when the RS5 debuted.

From a stop the RS6 should be a little quicker time wise, but looking at C&D times for the Panamera Turbo S, and the M5, the M5 still traps the 1/4 mile faster. I have seen the Turbo S do the 1/4 mile anywhere from 11.5-11.7 @ 118-122, and the M5 11.7-11.9 @ 121-123mph...and mind you the M5 can pull those trap speeds with "only" RWD off the line. And on rolling acceleration test the M5 can out drag a Turbo S (Google M5 vs panamera Turbo S). So the RS6 should give the M5 a real run for its money at the drag strip, but around a track I would still put my money on the M5. The engine in the M5 has been placed considerably lower and further back in the chassis than the standard 5 series, and the rear sub frame on the M5 is incredibly ridged for track use. Its bolted directly to the chassis with no bushings like on the M3 GTS. It will be the same old story..the RS6 will be the stop light king, and the M5 will have the stronger top end acceleration, and be a better track car.
    >>

Quote Originally Posted by pq40 View Post
    ....but around a track I would still put my money on the M5....It will be the same old story..the RS6 will be the stop light king, and the M5 will have the stronger top end acceleration, and be a better track car....>
    The evidence doesn't really support your "which is the better track car" conclusion:

Lap Times (4)
    Track E60 M5 C6 RS6
    Hockenheim Short 1:16.06 1:15.30
    Nurburgring GP (3.7 km) 1:46.91 1:45.44
    Sachsenring 1:43.77 d 1:42.16 d
    Kyalami 2:06.70 2:06.70

Just sayin'....

less power/less weight ratio > more power/more weight ratio
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Dear Friends,

IF the decision of a limited Edition Audi RS 6 Avant for the US Market should be set, than it could very well end up with this Body color.

But like i wrote, the decision is not made by Audi Germany, AoA is in charge. So if you really want this to happen, go ahead and let AoA know.

Performance wise i give you two opportunities, on a par or ahead of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S.

Qisha
    **What is the best avenue for the masses to "discuss" this with AoA?
    (If you know, post the address/email/carrier pigeon of choice please)

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    Dear Amulet-S6,

a good way to start off with would be:

Mark Dahncke
    Product & Motorsports Communications Manager
    Office: (703) 364-7414
    Cell: (703) 229-2549
    Email: mark.dahncke@audi.com

He should be able to address your interest.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    I've still been using my social networking campaign, I post or comment on Audi USA Facebook page nearly every day. Its been quite easy recently as they have been posting about the TTRS and RS5. Don't know how effective that is, but it can't be hurting our chances. But I'm guessing Qisha's post about Mark Dahncke is a more direct route.
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Dear Amulet-S6,

Mark Dahncke

Qisha
    Qisha, thanks for the contact information. And, the matt gray (daytona or dolphin?) would be perfect for the RS6 avant US spec.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

The RS6 should be very evenly matched to the M5 in a straight, and considering they have had over a year to see what the M5 can do and develop it, there is no reason it should not give the M5 a run for its money, but like always the M5 set the bar. Hopefully BMW doesn’t release a performance package when the RS6 comes out like they did for the M3 when the RS5 debuted.

The M5 is something else, always has and probably always will be but the RS6 has had it's fare share of success against its oldest of foes. Weight will be the key this time round because this time the RS6 has a real chance of being lighter because the M5 has put on more than a few pounds, more like a porker if you ask me.

From a stop the RS6 should be a little quicker time wise, but looking at C&D times for the Panamera Turbo S, and the M5, the M5 still traps the 1/4 mile faster. I have seen the Turbo S do the 1/4 mile anywhere from 11.5-11.7 @ 118-122, and the M5 11.7-11.9 @ 121-123mph...and mind you the M5 can pull those trap speeds with "only" RWD off the line. And on rolling acceleration test the M5 can out drag a Turbo S (Google M5 vs panamera Turbo S). So the RS6 should give the M5 a real run for its money at the drag strip, but around a track I would still put my money on the M5. The engine in the M5 has been placed considerably lower and further back in the chassis than the standard 5 series, and the rear sub frame on the M5 is incredibly ridged for track use. Its bolted directly to the chassis with no bushings like on the M3 GTS. It will be the same old story..the RS6 will be the stop light king, and the M5 will have the stronger top end acceleration, and be a better track car.

I think you are fooling yourself if you think the M5 is some kind of a track star, it's too heavy. That's the advantage Audi has over BMW because all their past RS cars have been porkers and yet they still seem to deliver great track times and this latest offering will be no different. Tell me is the M5 as quick as the Porsche on the track any track? That's the advantage of traction my friend.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Qisha,

Any idea when AoA will make their decision re:RS6 Avant?
    Personally not a fan of of the RS7's looks (sorry), but if that's the only mid-size 4/5-door RS offered, I may consider it. It still looks light-years better than the Panamera.

I just want to make sure I get in the correct line before it becomes too long...

Dear Amulet-S6,

Mark Dahncke

Qisha
    Hello!
    Quisha, do you happen to know if the next RS6 will be available in Mexico? I already have a C5 and a C6 and I think having the C7 will be great!

If here in Mexico we need to do something similar like USA with AoA for the 500 limited edition I will be more that happy to help this "dream" come true.

Thankyou in advance!

Ghost-

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost- View Post
    I already have a C5 and a C6
    Hmm a C6 RS6 you say? if you ever wish to part ways with it and would like a vacation to Florida I would be more than happy to pay for you to have a road trip in it up here!

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    Hmm a C6 RS6 you say? if you ever wish to part ways with it and would like a vacation to Florida I would be more than happy to pay for you to have a road trip in it up here!
    :O I dont think to sell it for at least 4 more years, but if for some reason I have too, I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost- View Post
    :O I dont think to sell it for at least 4 more years, but if for some reason I have too, I will let you know.
    Sad face....but I understand not wanting to give up the awesome lol any mods to it?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    Sad face....but I understand not wanting to give up the awesome lol any mods to it?
    RS6 C6 has no mods. I am waiting to get my C5 back from the service in order to send both C6 ECUs to Horchaus in Canada for the MTM 700hp tune
    RS6 C5 has Eurocharged stage 1, Sportec vent mod, Wagner silicon hoses and KW V1.

Greetings