Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

RS7 and RS6 Avant is the logic route.. Put me up for the RS7 if the wait is not too long..

Dear Friends,

as a tribute to 10 years RS6.COM, here are some answers...

- the upcoming 3rd Audi RS 6 generation will only be available as estate wagon aka. the Avant.

- due to missing marketing opportunities, the Audi RS 6 Avant will not be offered in the USA

- there will be a Audi RS 7, sharing the drive concept with the Audi RS 6 Avant

- the Audi RS 7 WILL BE OFFERED in the USA

- the Audi RS 7 will be introduced first

- interested in seeing the Audi RS 7 live? Get your NAIAS Tickets now

- 0-100 km/h < 4.0 sec

Last but not least, it is in consideration to make all options available to the US Market. This would include the Ceramic Brakes as well as the revised speed limiter, Wheel options (up to 21") etc.

Technical details, numbers are a no no... please understand. ...but you will not be disappointed.

Qisha

PS: the Audi RS 5 Convertible is on schedule for the US Market as well

PPS: please note the chances for a Audi RS 6 Avant limited Edition ( 500 ) for the US Market has never been better than today. BUT AoA needs to hear you!

Wow, Qisha, just wow

I nominate that for "the post of the decade" award.

Quisha, great news (for the most part)! Reading between the lines in your post... Are we to understand if AoA receives 500 or nearly 500 requests for an RS6 Avant then AoA would take this very seriously and bring it to the US market?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

I realise Qisha can't provide the all important numbers you so desire but based on what he said I think 580hp is most likely probable. I really want to hear if QuattroGmbH were able to reduce its weight compared to the S6 Avant, to me this will be more beneficial than any serious power hike.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Thanks Qisha for your valuable information.

I think the RS7 makes more sense in the US as a model, but 500 limited edition RS6 Avants for the US market would be great.

The new S6 has less of almost everything, on paper, but offers more in reality than the previous model.

Downsizing, but with better mileage and higher performance. Sounds like a deal.

I would expect something similar for the upcoming RS6/7.

http://www.naias.com/

January 2013...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The S7 weighs 4400lbs. I hope the RS7 is significantly lighter.

Please don't mess up the transmission.

500 avants would be sweet.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I'm willing to start and manage a petition for AoA if anyone is interested in sharing information with me directly and privately. I think there should be some sort of collective data presentation to AoA for the RS6 avant desire in the US market. If you have marginal-to-high desire to purchase the latest gen RS6 avant (C7?) new or used please PM me directly and leave me your full name, email address. I want to get serious about this beast and do what I can to get it here.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

- the upcoming 3rd Audi RS 6 generation will only be available as estate wagon aka. the Avant.

- due to missing marketing opportunities, the Audi RS 6 Avant will not be offered in the USA

- 0-100 km/h < 4.0 sec

Last but not least, it is in consideration to make all options available to the US Market. This would include the Ceramic Brakes as well as the revised speed limiter, Wheel options (up to 21") etc.

Technical details, numbers are a no no... please understand. ...but you will not be disappointed.

Qisha

PS: the Audi RS 5 Convertible is on schedule for the US Market as well

PPS: please note the chances for a Audi RS 6 Avant limited Edition ( 500 ) for the US Market has never been better than today. BUT AoA needs to hear you!
    WHOA!!!!
    I have to let this sink in but this is GREAT news!!!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Great news.. I will put my order down for the RS7.

A bit disappointed that there will be no RS6 sedan (the highest performing version) but the reasoning makes sense. Here's my take on the decision: AoA couldn't do both RS6 and RS7 and without the US, the sedan version doesn't make as much sense so went the decision. RS4/RS5 already took the same path.

I guess as they often say you can only pick two out of the three things you want.

Let's be honest, they could sell 500 of anything in the USA! That is such a small number that they can easily find that many diehard fanatics! But if you're gonna do that low a number then it needs to be a special color not available on basically any other car, or at least an RS exclusive color. I will tentatively commit to a special edition, but only if they don't go nuts with the pricing just 'cause they added the word "special" to the name! Since the _7's always cost a bit more than the _6's I would say that if they charge approximately RS7 price then I'm in. I would even pay a few grand more, but if the price gets too ridiculous then I'm out and will just find a way to live with the RS7.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Dear Friends,

- 0-100 km/h < 4.0 sec
    This is great news for Audi aficionados in the US!

Coincidentally, I predicted exactly this to a fellow RS6.com member over lunch today. Makes perfect sense in so many ways. The only true competitor would be the PanamanabananameraTM (sic) Turbo, but its looks surely aren't for everyone. In the same way, the RS 7's looks probably won't be to everyone's taste, but between the 2 of those vehicles, VAG/Porsche will have that market cornered and covered!

I, for one, can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    This is great news for Audi aficionados in the US!

Coincidentally, I predicted exactly this to a fellow RS6.com member over lunch today. Makes perfect sense in so many ways. The only true competitor would be the Panamanabananamera (sic) Turbo, but its looks surely aren't for everyone. In the same way, the RS 7's looks probably won't be to everyone's taste, but between the 2 of those vehicles, VAG/Porsche will have that market cornered and covered!

I, for one, can't wait to see it!
    CLS63 AMG and M6 GC are obvious competitors as well but the RS7 should have more performance if all goes well. The Panamera turbo/S is better off the line than the MB and the M but those catchup and likely pull ahead in triple digits (in miles). The S6 is 10 kgs heavier than the E63 and 10 lighter than the M5. The RS6 could even come in a little under the S6 as the engine weight is essentially the same while bigger brakes/tires/wheels can be offset somewhat by a few CFRP panels. Don't know about transmission weights though.
    Last edited by chewym; September 19th, 2012 at 02:40.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    CLS63 AMG and M6 GC are obvious competitors...
    Not without AWD they're not.

And the M6 GC is still a figment of someone's imagination as far as I know. I haven't seen any announcement about it, at least here in the states....

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Not without AWD they're not.

And the M6 GC is still a figment of someone's imagination as far as I know. I haven't seen any announcement about it, at least here in the states....
    Touche.

It's in the official EPA fuel economy database already. But is only good for 14/20 with auto and 15/22 with manual. The RS6 would do better as even the S8 does better.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    But if you're gonna do that low a number then it needs to be a special color not available on basically any other car, or at least an RS exclusive color.
    Dear Friends,

IF the decision of a limited Edition Audi RS 6 Avant for the US Market should be set, than it could very well end up with this Body color.

But like i wrote, the decision is not made by Audi Germany, AoA is in charge. So if you really want this to happen, go ahead and let AoA know.

Performance wise i give you two opportunities, on a par or ahead of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    ...It's in the official EPA fuel economy database already...
    OIC.

Well, considering that a well-equipped 640GC can run into the low $100K range (and IMO looks foolish at that price in comparison with the A7), I can't imagine how much an M6 GC would cost.